Need advice Clomid Ladies!!

ughh

Reaction score
Okay, it has been a very long confusing couple of months. My husband and I have been ttc for about a year and a half now and over the last 3 months we have been taking clomid due to no cycle caused by 1 year on depo shot and 2 years following depo shot with no cycle. The first month of clomid ended in a chemical pregnancy while the second month was uneventful. This third month I had accidentally missed a day of clomid and doubled the dose the next day to catch up (should have called the doctor but it was Sunday). Come ovulation time I developed 2 ovarian cysts, one on left ovary and one on right. After a few days both ruptured. I usually bloat around ovulation (was told it was a side effect of the clomid due to swelling) but the swelling usually goes down after a week or so. This month it never went away and was accompanied by very swollen tender breasts and cramping (almost like period cramps but started 11 days before expected period date). I took a pregnancy test 6 days prior to expected date of my period and received a very faint positive. So without getting excited we waited 3 days and retested and then received a positive result so we tested again this morning and received yet another positive result. I am currently 2 days away from my period date and not sure what to expect........... I know my doctor plans on placing me on progesterone but I need advice from other ladies that have been in my shoes please!!!

Congratulations! Getting a BFP 6 days before AF is due is very unusual so your dates may be off a bit if ovulation wasn't confirmed. Hopefully they will send you for an early scan to date.

I am pregnant from clomid but wasn't put on any medication. They basically said my pregnancy should be normal.

Congratulations xxx I'm currently pregnant with my second, but I got pregnant with my first on our 2nd cycle of clomid. And the pregnancy was treated as a normal pregnancy from then, happy and healthy 9 months to you xxx

Hi there, first off congratulations on your BFP! This pregnancy was conceived naturally however I needed Clomid to conceive my daughter. My pregnancy was treated as a normal pregnancy, no extra following or anything was necessary. I had extra scans for the first trimester, but my old doctor does that with every patient to ease mom's mind during the scary part of pregnancy.

Some doctors like progesterone, others will only put you on if you've had recurrent miscarriages. I personally love progesterone (not taking it in the hooha though yuk!!) because it relaxes me, I fall asleep right away at night, I feel very relaxed during the day. I have been diagnosed with low hormone levels though so in my case it was necessary. I'm sure that your doc has reason for what he's doing but if your wondering why you can always ask.
Progesterone will also prevent uterine cramping during implantation-keeps things running smoothly. As we age we sometimes lose hormone levels, that's me for sure...fun fun!

Thank you all, I never knew of this site before so we have felt very alone in this battle. It is very nice to know you all have had very normal pregnancies. I think I'm just nervous because it is our first pregnancy and it has taken so long to get here :happydance: I believe he is placing me on the progesterone because due to depo shot my body was completely lacking progesterone in blood tests. I am a little worried about my chances of multiples because even at 4 weeks I'm very uncomfortable and have been bloated for about 11 days with cramps and have not been able to sleep at night lately. I have been extremely hot lately and when I do get a few hours of sleep I wake up in a horrible sweat. Has anyone experienced this? I don't think I should be feeling all of this this soon?? But I do see my doctor early in the morning so I will update you ladies when I know more.

Thank you all so much!!,
Paige

I didn't get my BFP from Clomid, (climid didn't do much for me) I was on Gonal F so it's similar. My first IUI with like 8 follies didn't work and I didn't take progesterone. I only had a 9 day LP that cycle which is very unusual for me. On this IUI that have me a BFP I took the progesterone. I had 4 follies and I am PG with a singleton.

Good luck TTC First!!! I am currently 5 weeks and 1 day so I am due in September as well! My htc levels look good Jan. 7th test came out at 195, Jan. 9th was 364 and now my last test Jan.13th come back as 1655! So I now have my first scan next week. We are pretty excited to see how many we have in there.

I went for the first scan and they only saw one, we went for the second and she wasn't sure if there was another. She said there could be another but it may not be a viable one. We have to wait and see.

Best of luck to you!

I was put on Letrozole after my third loss (stillborn, MMC, chemical). I ended up with what are very likely fraternal twins (haven't had them actually tested, but they look and act very different). I was put on progesterone around 4 weeks and took it twice a day until 12 weeks, then started weaning some. I think I ovulated from both sides as I did feel it on both sides with them.

(BTW, I'm probably MORE bloated with this one baby (and the one before the twins) than I was with the twins. I'm feeling more sick with this one and I'm WAY more tired. I was full of energy in the first tri with the twins. They also found 2 CL cysts on my ovary today, but he could only find one baby (and they only found one at the hospital several days ago). Ovulating more than once does not necessarily mean twins.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->