Need Advice on 2nd Baby Post Hellp and Eclampsia

lml06

Reaction score
Hi All I'm new to this website and forum and wasn't entirely sure of where to post this thread so I apologise if its in the wrong location!! Straight into things.....

It’s a long story but the condensed version is……I’m 28 years old who is fit and healthy and on my first baby I had Hellp Syndrome and Eclampsia at 41 weeks. Due to my abnormally low platelet count I had to have blood transfusions and an emergency C-Section under General Anaesthetic to deliver the baby.
Thankfully the Baby and I survived, however I did miss seeing him as I was transferred to the Intensive Care Unit straight away.
He is now 18 months old and we could not wish for a better baby boy, we are considering trying to conceive for baby number two, however we are really worried that we may not be as fortunate on the next occasion. After reading many stories of mother and baby dying in my previous circumstance we think we may be being a little greedy by having another.
From experience is there anyone that can share some information that could assist us in making our decision? Naturally there are many doctors that say “don’t worry it’ll be fine next time” but we are not prepared to take the risk without gathering some information or hearing other people views and experiences
We appreciate your help and support so please feel free to contact us at any time with your advice and stories.
Many Thanks in advance

Oh gosh, how scary! I'm afraid I'm at a loss for advice, only it does sound like it was circumstantial? Perhaps some of the ladies in the Post Natal or Baby and Toddler forums have had similar experience and can tell you about theirs?

Hello, I', glad you and your son made it through such a hell ride it would have been for you. I had severe pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndrome in my first pregnancy and my now 3 year old son was born at 32 weeks gestation. A few bumps in the road iniatially but now is just like any other 3 year old (an absolute pocket rocket!). I too worry about what it would be like to go through another pregnancy and run the risk again. Australian Action on Pre-eclampsia (google - aapec) has some informational/ mutual support resources on PE, HELLP, Eclampsia, but by no means replaces individual medical advice but perhaps gives you more confidence to ask more informed questions to your OBGYN at your next appointment. I do hope this finds you well and keep in touch,
take care,
Kath

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"