need advice please help if you have a child with autism

I have one child and we are ttc another. I think you are worrying too much about genetics, it's only a theory. They really don't know what causes it. Niether of us have any autism in the family, Oscar had a normal pregnancy, delivery and has had no upsets during his life, I wasnt on meds and followed a health diet. I don't believe that it is caused by any trauma or medications, I do wonder about the jabs but the risk of the illnesses out weighed the risk of autism in my eyes, and to be honest Oscar was a quiet and sligtly vacant baby before the mmr.
If you are thinking of trying again, I would push it out of your mind, there ios always a risk of having a baby with autism as there is with any disability, but I bet you wouldnt change your boy for all the tea in china.
Best of luck x

Hi hun,

You can drive yourself crazy googling and reading papers on this, I have done it myself. There are so many theories, you will find stories of people in all sorts of situations who question whether that is what caused their child's autism. I know of some that have detoxed and had metal anaylsis done before a pregnancy to those who just went with it naturally.

I personally believe that some children are genetically predisposed be that due to our environment, immunisations, diet or combination. I do know it is on the increase and that is not just due to better diagnosis.

I have 3 children, my eldest has asd my middle boy is not great socially with others but has no asd symptoms aside and at the moment I am not concerned with my 9 month old daughter, but am watching her like a hawk. I have chosen not have have my 2nd 2 immunised, not because I am against it (I am not) but because I cannot afford the risk of it being a trigger, no one can tell me 100% it isn't.

There are no asd relatives on my side, and on dh side ds has 15 cousins and our son is the only one affected.

I know it's hard, I have said before most people with neurotypical children just watch them grow and develop and delight, but when you have had an asd child that is something you dream of.

If you plan another preg. eat healthy and fresh, take a good quality supplement, avoid dental work with metals, don't drink or smoke, basically everything your dr or midwife would suggest.

Good luck hun, I know its not easy. x

Hi hun,

You can drive yourself crazy googling and reading papers on this, I have done it myself. There are so many theories, you will find stories of people in all sorts of situations who question whether that is what caused their child's autism. I know of some that have detoxed and had metal anaylsis done before a pregnancy to those who just went with it naturally.

I personally believe that some children are genetically predisposed be that due to our environment, immunisations, diet or combination. I do know it is on the increase and that is not just due to better diagnosis.

I have 3 children, my eldest has asd my middle boy is not great socially with others but has no asd symptoms aside and at the moment I am not concerned with my 9 month old daughter, but am watching her like a hawk. I have chosen not have have my 2nd 2 immunised, not because I am against it (I am not) but because I cannot afford the risk of it being a trigger, no one can tell me 100% it isn't.

There are no asd relatives on my side, and on dh side ds has 15 cousins and our son is the only one affected.

I know it's hard, I have said before most people with neurotypical children just watch them grow and develop and delight, but when you have had an asd child that is something you dream of.

If you plan another preg. eat healthy and fresh, take a good quality supplement, avoid dental work with metals, don't drink or smoke, basically everything your dr or midwife would suggest.

Good luck hun, I know its not easy. x

hey another thing that upsets me and worries me is that my parents are against me having any more children and telling me all my kids that I have will be autistic. but thats not true is it my husband isnt even my sons birth father

oneday: even if all of your kids were autistic would you love them any less? no. And I'm sure your parents love your son and would love another autistic child as well. It IS scary to think about it and to worry about the possibility, but in the long run it shouldn't really matter. If you want another child you'll love it no matter what.

Adanma

My first born has autism, my 2nd born doesnt.

I dont upset myself with articles how or why. I just accept he has it and I dont know if I even want to know why or how to be honest but I just think of it as genetic/spontanious

You will be fine xxx

my 1st son is 4 he has autism with t8m, my second son has no special needs he is 3 and Im currently pregnant with my 3rd son. Am not worried if this one has special needs or not as I love them all the same its one of those things if you get pregnant its a blessing either way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->