Need advice!

sarah_anne

Reaction score
So I had a baby girl almost a year ago and have been on Micronor pretty much ever since. I started weaning from breastfeeding (slowly and dropping one feed at a time) a few weeks ago. I got my first period after giving birth on July 15th. I have had nothing since. It's been almost 6 weeks! Anyone have any advice or an idea what's going on?

It can take a while for your periods to get back to normal when you stop breastfeeding- for some women it takes months to return, others get one and then nothing for ages. It sounds normal to me, but if you're worried you could make a nurses appointment :)

It can take a while for your periods to get back to normal when you stop breastfeeding- for some women it takes months to return, others get one and then nothing for ages. It sounds normal to me, but if you're worried you could make a nurses appointment :)

I've always had one at least every 5 weeks max. The past 3 or 4 have been exactly 4 weeks. I had cramps earlier today and usually I'm bleeding within 30 minutes tops, but still nothing. Tests are expensive in Canada, so I don't want to test without reason.

It takes time for periods to re regulate. Your hormones are settling. I breast fed till 22 months, my periods re started after 4 months despite exclusively breast feeding lol but when my daughter started to self wean my periods went completely weird and had no set cycle

AF only returned to me when Josalyn was 17 months old. It's been 3 cycles now, about 40-45 days apart. Before her it was 30 days like clockwork! I'm sure they'll regulate soon enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->