Need advice

annelyse

Reaction score
Ok I'm breastfeefing my baby and will be returning to work full time in two weeks. My mother in law will be watching the baby while I'm at work. The baby still has a little breast milk jaundice so it's very important that she remains on a tight feeding schedule of every 2 hours and she normally eats about 3 to 4 ounces. My worry is that my mother in law won't see the urgency of this schedule and either not feed her as often or not feed her the full bottle. I know that the baby won't starve but she could lose or not gain properly. My mother in law has watched the baby a few times and it's only fueling my fears cause the 1st time she kinda wasted a 5 ounce bottle( partly my fault cause I gave no direction before leaving). And the next time she only fed the baby 2 ounces in 4 hours. Does anyone have any advice on how to address my fears without hurting my mother in laws feelings. I have kinda talked about how the breast milk can't just set out between feedings that left over needs to be discarded or put in the fridge, but I don't think my point was received. She has raised 8 grand kids but this is the first exclusively breastfed grand baby she will be watching. Anyway just thought I would ask you guys cause I'm sure someone has dealt with this like with daycares or babysitters or nannies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->