need advise - please

fifi83

Reaction score
ok so ive just been reading mrs-n thread on the weaning situation.

Now im slighty worried, my best friends little girl is 24 weeks we keep intouch via text mostly cos she lives miles away.

anyway i text her the other day to ask how weaning was going cos she had spoke to her health vistor and started weaning a few weeks back now, remember thinking myself bit early, she texted back to say great she has just had stew and dumplings.

Is that ok? after reading that thread i feel stupid to say i have a 7 year old child but i cant really remember how i weaned him and as for me i see my health visitor every week so i would of just taken her advise when the times comes for phoebe.

BUt now im a bit concerned about this whole adult food thing, so any advise i would be greatful.
Thank you

I think it would have too much salt to be honest, I was told at my babies 8 month check that introducing what we eat was ok THEN, but to make sure there was no added salt, ect. I think that would be too young, yes.

I think it would be too much salt too, but you can make stew just for babies without adding anything they shouldn't have - more worried about the dumplings as they contain wheat (which they shouldn't have before 6 months), dairy and salt.

This website mentions stew and dumplings as food for a baby: Baby Food but I assume they'd both be made with no salt etc - and probably not suitable at 6 months.

Can you say you're thinking about recipes for weaning when you get to that stage and ask how she made the dumplings for her baby or something? x

I give max some of my food but I make him a batch just for him with no salt or anything added ..

I've always given Caitlin tasters our foods too even the odd naughty nibble but not as a dinner like that.

I was always lead to understand there were reasons for younger babies to start weaning but where that happens its slowlyyyyyyyyyyy seems lately I may have been blind to that and although I never have thought twice about Mums saying they are weaning early or even been nosey enough to ask why I think its becoming a concern that people are doing it too quickly without any thought or even need!

Look at ladys thread about someone she knows feeding the bowl to a child *gulp*! Baby doesn't sound ready but it looks like a bit of force feeding is happening ...and no Im not saying early weaning babies are force fed kinda 2 issues on the weaning situation in general.

Anyway thats imo!

to be honest i never gave it a second thought that she was weaning early cos like u say each to there own, that thread just throw me thats all and got me kinda worried.

Thanks for your replys appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"