Need an excuse to not be booking a holiday!!

freddie

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I am supposed to be booking a trip with sil and our kids for next July, just a few days ago I confirmed we were still up for it, tickets go on sale Friday... Found out Monday I am pregnant and due a couple of days before the planned trip eeeek! It's so early I ideally don't want to tell her the real reason as I have a feeling once one person knows it will get out lol! Any ideas what excuse I can use to suddenly be unable to go??!?!

Ask her if it can wait till after Christmas time (stall for time) as you want to get a really nice present for your husband before you spend money on a holiday.

How about a work related fib? Something along the lines of a "stupid new policy" where they will only guarantee requested days off within 6 months.

Unfortunately tickets sell out within weeks (it's a family festival) and I don't work!!! Thanks for the suggestions though lol x

If you really want to keep you secret, could you just buy the tickets and resell them later?

I would personally go with honesty. It may come back to bite you if you come up with a big fib because it's going to be very obvious why you cancelled soon enough. I would pull her aside privately and stress the importance of keeping this to herself until you are ready to tell everyone else. This way she knows that you aren't trying to dodge her at the last minute and can easily understand. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->