• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Need car seat help please!

Gem_Clem

Reaction score
Lo is 25lbs now, she is almost 7 months old. I really need to buy a new car seat because she is squashed in her baby carrier one and the weight allowance is 26lbs. So, have been looking online and I know the recommendation is to rear face for longer now but hardly any car seats are made for that! Annoyingly. I love the britax seat my dd1 has because it changes with their size and does group 1,2,3 which saves a fortune but it does not rear face. Most the seats ive seats ive seen say rear face till 29lbs then forward face, she is only 4lbs off that weight so that is pointless. I need her to still be rearfacing but don't want to have to buy a seat that only does group 1 then have to buy another etc

Does anyone have any recommendations of rear facing seats for over 29lbs?

We have a joie one that rear faces until they're about 4. It is annoying they've changed the legislation without any additional seats being available! Although I did see britax has made one that complies but you'll still get longer out of the joie one.

Thanks for the replies ladies, i'll take a look. Broodymrs do you know the name of your joie one? I had a look at them yesterday in mothercare but it said on the both of them it was only rear facing till 29lbs.

Joie stages is rear facing until 18kg . not too expensive either x

I was looking at the joie every stage for my son when he outgrows his carrier

I have the joie stages one and my LG is 91st centile for weight and height. We've only just turned it round at 2 and a half. My 6 month old is 9kg already so I'll share your problem soon.

I have the joie stages one and my LG is 91st centile for weight and height. We've only just turned it round at 2 and a half. My 6 month old is 9kg already so I'll share your problem soon.

Yep we got to 3 before turning. Another 91st percentile one here too.

perfect, thank you all, I'll take a look. Yip i have a monster baby haha she is on 99.6 percentile for length, which is exactly the same as her sister, crazy!

It is too bad the difference between countries! I have a Britax and it is one of the best ERF seats available. It sucks they do not have the same offerings there!

Do you have the Chicco brand out there? We have the Chicco Nextfit and love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->