Need fresh eyes!!!***UPDATED WITH BETTER PICS***

HearMyPrayers

Reaction score
So I am "CD14" technically CD26. However I have PCOS and on CD15 my doctor noted nothing was happening in the ovaries no follies growing, nothing. So he declared CD15 a mock CD3 and started me on 12.5mg of femara that day (CD15) with IUI being the goal in mind. I took the meds for 5 days but started bleeding by the 5th day on the pills which was mock CD7 (CD20) so they had me come in on mock CD8 (CD21) the ovaries showed 3 follies in total 1.7, 1.3 and 1.2. But the lining was very thin. So they cancelled the cycle on my due to the bleeding. Well the bleeding stopped so I wasn't going to waste the cycle we will just try on our own. So I started taking OPK's on mock CD12 which was this past Monday, I took 2 more yesterday and two more today. I've attached the picture. I'm pretty sure the test I just took is positive. With a 1.7 follie last Thursday is it possible that I'm on the verge of ovulating?

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 20
I still feel like it's not quite there. Maybe test again in a few hours.

yeah I agree. I was just thinking it was weird that I had a 1.7 follie last Thursday and I'd only be on the verge of ovulation now.

I just took another test and attached it with the rest. The newest test is the very last test in the line up I hadn't had the chance to mark the CD date on it yet. The last test I took was about 2.5 hrs after the on above it was taken.

Attachments

• tests.jpg
    tests.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 18
New test from this morning is blaring positive. IRL the test line is darker than the control line. We bd'd last night I'm guessing we should again tonight and tomorrow night to ensure we've got this covered?

these are dollar store cheapies I'm using.

Test from this AM

Attachments

• test1.jpg
    test1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 16
New test from this morning is blaring positive. IRL the test line is darker than the control line. We bd'd last night I'm guessing we should again tonight and tomorrow night to ensure we've got this covered?

these are dollar store cheapies I'm using.

Test from this AM

Positive :thumbup::flower:

Yep I agree the newest one is positive. Good luck!

awesome! Bd'ing should happen today and tomorrow? Or should we stretch it out into Saturday as well to be sure??

When I conceived this month I did it before my surge then the day before ovulation then after ovulation :flower:

I see! So we dtd last night....if we do it again tonight then tomorrow which will be late as DH works from 3pm-1am so it wont be till technically Saturday early early morning.....uh oh now I'm getting stressed that we wont dtd enough.....:wacko:

ok this really is my first time using OPK's where I've gotten strong positives so I'm a little confused. So the positive I got this morning mean I'm surging? if so, does that mean I will ovulate today? or tomorrow?

It depends with every woman. I got my surge on CD16 and ovulated 2 days later. Try not to stress about it, make it fun. Every other day or everyday, what ever works best for you :flower:

This is what Fertility Friend tells about OPK's and LH:

Luteinizing Hormone (LH) and Your Fertility Signs
Luteinizing Hormone (LH) is the last hormone to peak before ovulation and is the hormone responsible for triggering the rupture of the ovarian sac that releases the egg at ovulation. This hormone can be measured by ovulation prediction kits (OPKs) and fertility monitors that use chemicals to identify its presence in your urine.

The presence of increased amounts of LH in your urine, as detected by OPKs, usually means that you will ovulate within 12-24 hours but this can vary slightly depending on your own hormonal profile. LH is not released all at once, but rather it rises and falls for about 24-48 hours. The LH rise usually begins in the early morning while you are sleeping and it takes 4-6 hours for it to appear in your urine after that. For this reason, first morning urine may not give the best result. Testing mid-day is usually recommended. It is important to follow the instructions of your OPK for maximum results.

Many women like ovulation prediction kits, even though they are not able to confirm or pinpoint ovulation precisely, because they can tell you that ovulation is imminent. It is important, however, not to rely exclusively on OPKs for timing intercourse and identifying your most fertile time. This is because you may already be fertile before your OPK turns positive. You may like to use them to cross-check your other fertility signs and to offer additional clues about impending ovulation. They may be especially useful if you have ambiguous charts. If your cycles are irregular or very long, OPKs may be very costly because you may need to use several tests to be sure to catch the LH surge.

Though it's not possible to pinpoint the exact moment of your ovulation, at this point you may be certain that you've had intercourse several times during your fertile window (5 days before ovulation), so you're definitely doing well :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->