Need help figuring out if I'm 5 wks or 6?

discohospital

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I hope this isn't obnoxious...

My first pregnancy in October 2013 ended in miscarriage.
I believe I was 5 weeks along but have highly irregular periods (caused by ovarian cysts). I am taking 50mg Clomid.

My last few cycles before the m/c were 47-57 days long.
I had one cycle after the m/c, then became pregnant again.

My HCG levels are low and slow rising, so I am worried.

If I am 5 weeks along, I will be less concerned, but if I am 6 weeks along, then I'm trying to brace myself for the worst.

I think I must've ovulated either Dec 12-13 or Dec 19-20 but really don't know. I created a rather detailed chart of BD, betas, etc.

If any of you fertility detectives feel like having a look and giving an opinion, I would appreciate it very much. Today is 1/10/14 and this shows all activity since my last menstrual cycle.

NOTE: You may have to click the link to see it a bit larger:
Red lines: LMS and amount of blood
Hearts: BD
I think everything else is clear (I hope!)
https://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/kastlegreyskull/HCG.jpg

I got my first positive on 2nd jan, bd 22nd dec, so based on that and your negative test on 26th and when you bd I'd say you're about 4 days ahead of me so 5 weeks.
Xx

Thank you so much for looking at my calendar!
I do hope that you are right and that it was the 18th BD that did it, not the 12th as that means my BETA isn't actually too bad :)

Best of luck to you and congratulations!

I think on Wednesday the 8th you were 5 weeks, perhaps a little less by a day or so. I would have expected that blood draw to be 1100+ based on a doubling time of 72 hours though, what does your doctor say!

Hi, Minty,
Thanks so much for your input, I hope you're right! I've been so scared since the spotting I forget it's only been a week and a half since I found out I was pregnant.
My doctor says that he did want to see it higher, but since my beta is going up and I'm not bleeding we're just going to wait a week and draw again. Seems my progesterone is ok, too.
My insurance denied an ultrasound this early so I'll have to wait. I'm crossing my fingers I'm just starting slower than average :)

Oh that sucks :-(, ultrasounds are government subsidised and often free here. I bet you are worrying heaps. I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you. Also that was meant to be a question and not exclamation mark on my previous post, silly phone.

Massive buckets of luck to you :-D, the early weeks are horrible and so worrying.

I've always had long cycles so I can sympathise there. They are now about 6 weeks long which is the shortest I have ever had.

I spotted in both my successful pregnancies, and actually bled every day from 5-7 weeks with Thomas.

It would have had to have been the 18th or 19th because if it had been the 12th or 13th your hpt test on the 26th would have more than likely been positive by then right? Since it was negative thattells me O was 18th-19th more than likely. I feel strongly you are around 5 weeks based on when you took your hpt's and their results. H&H 9 months!

I wouldnt worry about you're levels.. mine are slowly rising.. and I had an ultrasound on thursday to see if it was an ectopic but it's not thankfully! the sac measured exactly how far along i am we got to see the gest sac and yolk sac and i was 5 w 5 days.. ill know wedsday if i have had a mmc but he said he cnanot tell me that till wedsday since we should be able to see the fetal pole and hear heartbeat :D you should be fine :D i am praying for you!! and i think you are about 5 - 6 weeks :D

minties: although I'm not happy to hear you've shared my long cycle troubles, it is reassuring to know you have been successful regardless :)
DH is from the UK so every now and again when my insurance denies me something he's ready to move back!

pandi77: Thank you for looking and giving your input! The thing that had me wondering was my beta being 186 on 12/30. The - test I got 12/26 was supposedly 25 sensitivity. I guess I jumped to 186 in those 3 days. I hope!

annaaabanana: thank you for sharing your situation. I'm glad things are looking good and I hope to get the same news myself :) All the best to you and your baby!

Lol, tell your dh that you wouldn't get a scan til 12weeks and you don't get levels checked either.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"