Need help narrowing down our girl's list

Minty927

Reaction score
36 Weeks pregnant and still brainstorming girl's names with the hubby!

I think I really like Hadley, but my husband does not like it as much as I do. I'm also not sure if it's too "trendy" for me and I'm a little afraid it might blow up in popularity. That being said, here's a list of our top picks so far:

Carmen
Hadley
Hannah
Morgan
Shannon

Which do you like best? Can you think of others that follow the same style?

We're trying to just pick the first name we like best, then we'll have to decide on a middle name too.

Morgan is lovely! Was popular few years ago.

I love Carmel which is similar to Carmen

What your surname? Or what does it start with, you could also use Hadley as a middle name xx

Hannah is the nicest by a mile! The others are rather trendy names but Hannah is classic and beautiful. In 40 years Hannah will still be lovely whereas the others may be the equivalent to names like Sue and Jacqui now. Like, not awful, but sound outdated IYKWIM?

Hannah is the nicest by a mile! The others are rather trendy names but Hannah is classic and beautiful. In 40 years Hannah will still be lovely whereas the others may be the equivalent to names like Sue and Jacqui now. Like, not awful, but sound outdated IYKWIM?

I was going to say just that! If you're unsure about being too "trendy", I'd step away from Hadley. It's the kind of name that'll age and you might regret it one day if you're unsure even now. Hannah is gorgeous by the way!

Though that said, Hadley is my second choice out of the lot. I dunno if you're in the UK (is likely different in the US) but I can't shake the association that Morgan, Shannon and Carmen are 90s Barbie doll names :shrug:

We're in the US... I'm surprised everyone likes Hannah so much! It's probably my least favorite of the bunch because it's the most popular. Plus, "Hannah Montana" has ruined the name for many young girls...

None of these names remind me of Barbie though... lol, I can't even remember any names of Barbie dolls besides "Barbie". :)

I like them all but Hadley. Here are some others you might like:

Elizabeth
Abigail
Charlotte
Olivia
Sophia
Audrey
Harper
Molly
Lucy
Jordan
Leah