Need help plz :( little mans ill.

Mumof42009

Mum Of 4 Preemie's
Reaction score
Adi's come down with a really bad cold can hardly breath and now he is being sick not keeping his milk down, ive been using nasal drops and obas oil, giving him 2.5ml calpol. Im worried if he isnt keeping milk down he will dehaydrate what do i do keep feeding him or what? i rang gp and they couldnt fit him in said if gets worse take him to a&e which i dont want to as he hasnt got high temp or anything.

sod the doctors-he needs to be seen as far as im concerned.

if it helps any, Brooke has had a TERRIBLE sickness bug since friday night. unfortunatly, hers started as a bad cold and sniffles too and progressed to hurling anything other than water.

she hasnt kept down a single thing other than the Diarolyte that the doc prescribed since last friday, but she's not dehydrated so im just hanging in there and praying she doesnt lose too much weight as she's already tiny for her age :dohh: when I say she's had nothing, I mean literally.. .no solids and not a single ounce of milk since Friday night :shock:

Id call your doctors back and tell them the situation. He was a preemie, he is VERY small and now is poorly. Tell them that-DONT let a snotty receptionist play god with your son!!!!!

Oooooooooooooh I have NO TIME WHATSOEVER for nasty receptionists that tell you they have no appointments. :growlmad:

I hope he feels loads better soon xx

I agree hun, Matthew is floored right now with a virus and only starting to feed again can see the weight he has lost, id maybe ask again for an emergency app or tell them you want a home visit cant be too careful with our wee ones as their temp can change very quickly as Matthew's did getting some dioroylte(sp?) will help replace lost salts etc if he's been really sick et thats what we got.

If he gets any worse id call NHS24 or go to A&E even just for the peace of mind :hugs: x

Go to A&E as you can never be too overprotective. xxxx

Thanks everyone we took him to a&e last night but when we took him he didnt seem as bad as he was in the daytime and they just told me to carry on what im doing as they wont give antibotics unless suspect an infection. He managed 3 bottles last night and this morn he had a bottle and threw it back up again but he is full of mucas, i brought one of them nasal things which sucks everything out there nose its good but he hates it. As soon as he is well enough for me to leave him with my parents im changing doctors because everytime i ring they ask is it an emergency would i ring if it wasnt???

there seems to be a viral thing going about the now which sounds like what Adi has :hugs: at least getting him checked gave you peace of mind. Dr rceptionist are the bain of our lives :growlmad: hope he quickly recovers :hugs: x

i hope he is feeling better soon, bloody receptionists :gun:

Get well soon, there are lots of nasty colds and viruses circulating...Emily has a chesty cold...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->