Need Help With Food: Either Too Full or Starving

PrettyInInk42

Mother of 3
Reaction score
I've been having issues with when and how much to eat.

I really haven't had much in the way of nausea or vomiting and there are only a couple minor foods I can't stomach at the moment, but it seems like when I eat, it's usually too much or not enough.

It'll either eat a decent meal and be uncomfortable for a few hours, or I'll eat, feel content, but then my stomach is rumbling like 30 mins later.

I don't always have the time to have a little snack between breaks at work.

And I think it's safe to say that I have a food addiction (with quite a sweet tooth), but I realize I'm nourishing 2 bodies now, so I'm doing my best to eat a lot better.

Any helpful tips would be appreciated. : )

I'm in the same boat. My theory is that our bodies don't realize how easy it is to come by food (a blessing) and so the desire to eat more than usual even during the first trimester when we don't really need to is instinctually there. I try to eat small little snacks between meals now, a tangerine or two, something like that because I really don't want to overeat but the desire is there. I don't have time for breaks at work either, I really really don't but oh well, I take a quick one here and there anyway even though it means I'll be getting out late. If your employer gives you a hard time I'm sure your OBGYN will provide you a note, they will help stick up for you.

I feel the same way. I don't want to eat much during the day but around dinner time to bed time I'm eating like crazy. I think as long as your eating healthy food it will be fine. I got some pretzels that I can munch on. Makes me feel like I'm eating a lot but I'm not.

Haha. My going through the same thing. I went through it with my first-born, too. I just walked around stuffed all the time because it was worse for me to be hungry, although I'm nauseated either way. Ugh!!

I'm in the same boat. My theory is that our bodies don't realize how easy it is to come by food (a blessing) and so the desire to eat more than usual even during the first trimester when we don't really need to is instinctually there. I try to eat small little snacks between meals now, a tangerine or two, something like that because I really don't want to overeat but the desire is there. I don't have time for breaks at work either, I really really don't but oh well, I take a quick one here and there anyway even though it means I'll be getting out late. If your employer gives you a hard time I'm sure your OBGYN will provide you a note, they will help stick up for you.

If my boss knew, he'd probably be very understanding, but I'd rather not say anything til I'm out of my first trimester. I'll just try to keep some small snacks in my pocket for major hunger pains. :)

How is your water intake? Dehydration can mimic hunger pangs so have a drink of water about 20 mins before you eat and 20 mins after to see if that helps. It also takes 20 mins after food hits our stomachs for our brains to register that we are full so it's better to practise portion control and wait to see if it's enough food and if not eat some more after.

Our bodies are designed to graze believe it or not - 6 small meals throughout the day is better than 3 big meals.

I find that if I increase my water in take I do better and I try to have a cutie or something to snack on between meals.

Seconding the thought about dehydration.

Also, perhaps try to focus your meals around stuff that keeps you feeling full longer. Like protein, which can slow the digestion of carbs, and sticking to slow burn carbs like whole wheat, and making sure to include healthy fats in your meals too. Ideally all three at once.

I'll also point out that if your morning sickness is bad, the first tri is more about surviving the journey. :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->