Need opinions

dragonfly26

Reaction score
I got an email that 3 girls in my daughters daisy trooonhave head lice, she does not, but the kids are all in kindergarten. Next week for thanksgiving they only have two days of school. Would it be bad to keep her home for fear of her getting lice and us not being able to go celebrate thanksgiving with my family?

Put hair up in a plat and get tea tree shampoo, nits don't like it and get a nit comb and comb through hair every night. I know here we can get a detangle spray and shampoo for kids called vosene which has stuff that helps prevent nits. I wouldn't blame you if kept off but if you do stuff above she should not get.

DD has waist length hair and we always keep it up. I also spray it everyday with detangler because I heard it makes the hair too slippery for lice. I've had 3 notes about headlice in her class and she's never gotten them. I'd definitely follow PP advice about the tea tree shampoo if you're worried though, personally I wouldn't keep her off school because I'm scared of headlice, but since we don't do thanksgiving here and she'd be the only child (with hair) at Christmas that might be colouring my stance on it

Thanks ladies. I will definitely be getting some tea tree shampoo ;)

My sister used to get them until hairdresser told my mum about it. We haven't had nits yet touch wood and I know there has been cases in daughters class

I got an email that 3 girls in my daughters daisy trooonhave head lice, she does not, but the kids are all in kindergarten. Next week for thanksgiving they only have two days of school. Would it be bad to keep her home for fear of her getting lice and us not being able to go celebrate thanksgiving with my family?
Having lice is not a reason not to go and celebrate thanksgiving if she does get lice. You can treat it quickly even if she does get it, honestly, less than an hour! Nit shampoo and a fine toothed comb. In the meantime I would keep her hair tied up firmly and comb conditioner through her hair daily frequently with a fine toothed comb to keep the little critters at bay.

Hairspray works too - if a bit does crawl over, it gets stuck on the surface & cant burrow to the roots where it wants to be to lay eggs. My hairdresser recommended that.

Dd has long hair - a combination of tea tree shampoo, tying her hair up & using hairspray means we haven't had nits for over three years despite a few outbreaks at nursery/school.

She did get them once when she was 2 (before all the tea tree & spray). She was nit free after conditioning her hair & using a nit comb for the duration of Finding Nemo. I would t have stopped her attending a celebration with family over it - treatment is really quick.

Good luck avoiding them though!! I've never had them personally, but the thought still makes me itchy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->