Need quick replies please, should I see my doctor concerning late period?

Twister

Reaction score
My period is 2 weeks late now and I've taken 5 tests all negative. I have one more test left at home and was supposed to take it first thing, but I completely forgot lol! I've been saying that I'm going to the hospital to see a doctor (my usual surgery is rubbish for trying to get an appt) all week but so far have managed to put it off. I had no symptoms of anything till the weekend where my nipples became sensitive and I've been having light cramping.

My question as the title says is should I go to the doctor? I don't want to waste the doctors time and I'm terrified of needles (probs have to have a blood test) I don't know if I should wait a while longer as it does feel like af may be coming but I'm really not sure. I need quick responses if possible please as I told oh I was deffo going today but I'm not sure. I think I need some input from people who are more likely to have been in this situation before. Help really would be appreciated as this is driving me crazy!

go to the dr.. especially if you are two weeks late i could see waiting but since its been longer than a week and all :bfn: id go.. Goodluck

Thanks going to make the trip now, after thinking about it it would make sense for me to go. It's not like it would do any harm anyway.

Really thanks for the quick reply, god knows how long I'll be waiting at the hospital.

I would probably wait- it is normal to skip a period now and then and it is possible you ovulated late. I would probably wait another week, maybe take a test, and if it's still negative go to the doc. That's just me...

I also used OPK's and saw that I ovulated almost a week later this month so I can expect my AF to be late.

Do you use OPKs? Are you usually regular?

Ok well Ive just got back, didn't have to wait that long. I gave the most pathetic urine sample known to man and it came back negative (story of my life at the moment!). She just said come back in a couple of weeks if af still doesn't show so I guess it's still a little early. I've never missed a period or been this late before so that's probably why I'm being like this.

If anything I'm glad they didn't take a blood sample I probably would have fainted. Guess all I can do now is wait. We weren't actually ttc this month, just ntnp so I wouldn't be too upset since we werent really making an effort. Once my period comes back though we've decided to ttc properly so I just want af to show up! If it does turn out I am by some miracle pregnant then that would just be a bonus. :)

Oh and yes I am always regular and I don't use opk's at least not yet anyway. Gonna try and ttc without all these ovulation tests etc at first because I'll probably end up getting stressed and confused lol. I get ovulation pains most months anyway so it's fairly easy to tell.

You probably ovulated later than usual or you're just not ovulating this cycle hun. On average a woman has one anovulatory cycle a year and it's completely normal. Sometimes we get a wacko cycle here and there haha. Try not to stress about it because it can delay things even more. I know it's easier said than done...

They usually wait until your a month late to medically induce a period so that's probably why they want you to come back. I know you hate needles but if I were you I'd get a blood test just in case you were pregnant. If you were to take Provera and then stop it could possibly cause a miscarriage if you are pregnant.

I wish you the best of luck hun, sending lots of baby dust :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->