Need Reassurance

ChefSara77

Reaction score
This morning I noticed a teeny tiny bit of spotting...brownish/pinkish when I wipe, almost not noticeable. I haven't noticed a decrease in symptoms...boobs still really sore, iffy appetite, exhausted. There is also a little bit of cramping, but nothing unlike I've been experiencing since BFP...

I know in general, they say that if you're not doubled over in pain, or bleeding heavily (more reddish than brownish) then everything is probably ok. But I think I need the reassurance...is this normal, or should I call my doctor?

Thanks!
Sara

sometimes in the first semester you get brownish spotting on those days when you would usually have your period. so 4 weeks, 8 weeks, sometimes 12 weeks. my dr confirmed this.

:hi:

I have been bleeding on and off since friday night. Went to hospital on friday at 10pm and had bloods taken, urine samples, swabs etc all clear. On Monday I had to have an emergancy scan and everything is fine saw my baby's heartbeat for the first time too which was amazing. Been told if the bleeding gets heavy, bright red, or any pains at all to phone the ward or go straight to A&E. Was told any bleeding in early pregnancy is one of three things - viginal infection, threatened miscarriage, or implantation bleed.

If you are really worried I would contact your midwife or go straight to A&E if anything it puts your mind at rest.

Nikki

I was in hospital from 8pm last night to 4am after having spotting and cramps. The cervix is still closed and just awaiting blood test results to make sure the baby is developing and something else hasn't happened.

Hope everything is ok for you

This morning I noticed a teeny tiny bit of spotting...brownish/pinkish when I wipe, almost not noticeable. I haven't noticed a decrease in symptoms...boobs still really sore, iffy appetite, exhausted. There is also a little bit of cramping, but nothing unlike I've been experiencing since BFP...

I know in general, they say that if you're not doubled over in pain, or bleeding heavily (more reddish than brownish) then everything is probably ok. But I think I need the reassurance...is this normal, or should I call my doctor?

Thanks!
Sara

That sounds pretty normal. I have had that type of spotting off and on for the past 4 weeks. The blood vessels in our cervix are very sensitive and will pop if we lift something heavy, strain to poo, have sex, or even orgasm.

As long as the bleeding doesn't get heavy, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

:hugs:

Thanks ladies...when I went to the bathroom again, everything was all clear. I have to assume that if there was really a problem, the spotting would be heavier and more consistent.

Logic and reason tell me that everything is ok, but somehow, they seem to take a back seat to emotion in pregnancy! I'll keep a close eye on it, and try to make a reasonable judgment about if/when I need to see a doctor.

edit: :dohh: responded to the wrong post! Spotting is pretty common early on in pregnancy. I had it from week 4 to week 5, just some light pink spotting, no blood or anything, and every so often I still notice a bit of pink when I wipe. As long as there is no clotting/heavy bleeding and/or bad cramping it's probably fine

Hi girls,

It is very common to spot & even bleed in pregnancy, as you said if you are not doubled up in pain and there is no excess blood and clots then you really should be OK! Just go with your instincts, always call your GP for advice if in doubt! :hugs:x

:hi:

I have been bleeding on and off since friday night. Went to hospital on friday at 10pm and had bloods taken, urine samples, swabs etc all clear. On Monday I had to have an emergancy scan and everything is fine saw my baby's heartbeat for the first time too which was amazing. Been told if the bleeding gets heavy, bright red, or any pains at all to phone the ward or go straight to A&E. Was told any bleeding in early pregnancy is one of three things - viginal infection, threatened miscarriage, or implantation bleed.

If you are really worried I would contact your midwife or go straight to A&E if anything it puts your mind at rest.

Nikki

I am glad all is well hun! x

I was in hospital from 8pm last night to 4am after having spotting and cramps. The cervix is still closed and just awaiting blood test results to make sure the baby is developing and something else hasn't happened.

Hope everything is ok for you

I hope your blood tests come back OK babe! :hugs:x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"