Need recommendation about bottle brand!

Julesillini8

2 Girls, baby #3 cookin
Reaction score
My baby girl is 7 wks old. The past few weeks we have begun to occasionally give a bottle with expressed milk as I have had various dr appointments, an upcoming wedding, etc. I need my baby to be able to take a bottle here and there. I used dr browns with my first daughter, no problem. I loved these bottles ( I worked part time so she got 2 bottles of breast milk a day those two days) and my daughter took them well early on. This second baby HATES them. Won't drink an ounce, never latches on to the bottle nipple, pushes the nipple out, if milk does get in her mouth she drools it out, screaming as soon as the nipple goes in. It's just a horrible experience and we have been trying here and there for a few weeks now, hoping she learns and gets more used to it. but no! Decided I need to try another brand. Can anyone recommend a bottle brand they loved that is very close to the real deal, she loves to nurse. Thanks!

I use Dr. Brown bottles (wide) with lansinoh mOmma nipples. Hth

Latex NUK have worked for us, we tried 5 other bottles before those x

The medela calma bottles have been great for us.

My LO would ONLY take the cheapo bottles you get in supermarkets. Anything flash he wouldn't have a bar of it. Maybe try just cheapo ones.

Thanks everyone for your input. Going to get one bottle of a couple of these brands and will see what happens!

Dunno Iif u have nuby?

We tried all expensive brands and he liked the $5 nuby bottle lol

Ok we have now tried NUK and avent..... Nope and nope. Going to try playtex, MAM and Lansinoh momma next. I think she just doesn't like the plastic nipple. We started with a random bottle at 4 wks, and she would latch and take a few ounces, just wouldn't go back on after burping to finish it. Now she won't suck at all,just screams. Have tried diff flow nipples too. She just hates the plastic nipple... Uh. Hope something works soon. Just trying everyday and praying...

We've used the breast flow bottles without issue. It makes her work to get the milk and she still prefers to nurse over a bottle, but she will take one. She also uses the Nuby soft spout sippy cup to which we are starting to transition all of her feeds at daycare.

I have used MAM because I heard lots of stories from friends that their little ones refused many bottles but took MAM ones. I've just introduced it at 5 weeks (one bottle a day of EBM) and she took to it perfectly like she had been bottle feeding forever! She went straight back on me for the next feed without any issues too :) xx

I use BreastFlow by early years (think that's what they are called). They are the only ones DD would take.

An stalking this thread as having similar issues with bottle rejection! Tried Tommee Tippee and First Years Breastflow-both are no go so far! Might try NUK or Mans as people seem to have success....watch this space!

Uh so here's the update ladies. Originally had dr browns, as that's what my first daughter had. The first 2 bottles we gave at 5 weeks she drank like half both times. Then after that refused! Since we have tried Tommie tippee, Avent, nuk, mam., dr browns wide neck.... Fail fail fail! I do have the Lansinoh momma one, haven't tried it yet because I now think it's not the particular nipple, it's just that she doesn't want a plastic one period. Regardless of the kind. So I went back to the dr browns and decided to just stick with that. One bottle offered everyday. Hoping with consistency she comes around. Well over the weekend, she drank 1 ounce in sat, and 2 ounces on Sunday. I felt a glimmer of hope. But the last two days she is back to refusing to suck and just screaming and pushing it out. Uh!! So frustrating. I know she CAN drink out of it, she just won't. Makes me want to pull my hair out. I feel like we are doomed. I have some times coming up in the next few weeks where I will be away from her for 7,8 hrs. So I'm getting stressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->