Need some advice please!

mary81

Reaction score
Hi
I was not sure where to post this as need some from help from breast and formula feeders! I'm sorry if this is long.
My little girl is nearly 4 months, and is combi fed after doing 2.5 month ebf. We started with 1 formula bottle at bedtime and did this for a few weeks. Then at around 3.5 months I have tried to introduce a second bottle at about 12pm. Since this she is sick quite a bit, from either breast or bottle, and more unsettled. Oddly she is never sick at bedtime. I am also worried about her weight gain. She was born on 50th now between 2nd and 9th, but is generally happy and content, doing all the right things. She is my second so have been more relaxed and not had her weighed much, so was surprised when I went yesterday. I knew she was petite compared to some but so is her older sister, at 22 months she is generally in 12 months clothes. Health visitor says I must come back in a month to check she doesn't fall further. And I'm also to take her to gp if sickness gets worse.
So wanting to avoid this and have a slightly chubbier baby I bought some anti reflux milk yesterday but she will not drink it at all. I have been feeding on demand, as much as you can with a 1 year old to see to as well.
I combi fed my first from 2 weeks and she was born small on the 2nd centile and rocketed to between 25th and 50th in a matter of 3 weeks or so.

I dint really know what to do, increase the formula feeds? Try more with the anti reflux milk, or go to gp? Try and make my own milk fattier? I don't want to do early weaning as they often suggest for babies not growing fast. I started at 6 months with my first and the baby led approach made it simple!

What should I do? Help!! I'm annoying my hubby going on about it, he just says if I wasn't bothered before she was weighed I should not worry now either .
Thanks ladies x

I definitely would not try and make the milk fattier, could be dangerous and cause constipation.

Why don't you you visit the GP to put your mind at rest? Mine was sick a lot, was nothing wrong she grew out of it, but if your stressed I would go and get some meeical advice to give you a bit of confidence x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->