need some advice..... want to change need a make over!!!

lynne192

mum 2 James & Libby
Reaction score
hey all need your advice to all the fashion and fantastic women out ther who have little ones but still are sexy as hell....

here is a picture of me what can i do to change my look/style and have a yummy mummy respectable look?????

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh156/scottishmind/9508351273a12015736918l.jpg

i amn very active so always wear flat shoes, and got active and hyper and difficult 3year old, my guy in the picture is my sexy OH, my hair is normally frizzy this is a really good picture of me....

anyways need make over tips and advice to make me look the best i can for my OH....

here is a picture of us hiking up the WHW so this give you an idea of how i look normally lol:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh156/scottishmind/5465475607a10659557893l.jpg

again he looks fantastic but i look crap, want to wow my OH, feel like i'm not as sexy or making as much effort as i could, thinking hair, clothes and that need to change, usually i wear dress black trousers and a t-shirt or something, almost always black my hair is always tied up cause its frizzy, my hair is currently long down my back and blonde.... could u style it nicely without shortening it?

any advice tips or photo's would be fantastic please :D

photo's girls!

hmmmm do you reckon if you used styling products your hair could be wavy? My hair was like yours, I would try and straighten it but would end up frizzy, so the hairdresser one time I went used a diffuser and made it really wavy with ringlets. Ive not tried to straighten it since and it suits me LOADS more being wavy :thumbup: Once its wavy you can think of ways to cut it, some styles suit wavy hair more than straight. My hair is long too (dyed purple/black but originally blondey), I have it cut in to a point at the end, with long layers.
Hope this helps!
:flower:

thanks for advice not really interestd in wavying my hair at all, not my style at all, i know i want a change but i can't stand wavy hair on me, not sure if i want to change the colour or not too... i used to dye my hair brown but not done it in a while thinking i might do it again? my OH said he really likes me with brown hair....

need a new style of clothing too...

Why not go to a hairdresser and give them free range? Maybe they'll put some low lights in your hair, instead of going all brown? Plus... giving them the freedom to play with it, you might get something that you ABSOLUTELY adore! A lot of hairdressers/stylists are amazing with what they can do, and will give you something manageable as well.

As well, maybe find a friend who's style you really admire, and get her to take you shopping! You don't always have to buy a ton of clothes to spruce things up. Buy some new undies and matching bra to make yourself feel sexier - I know it works for me.

:hugs:

I know it's not always easy, but maybe try something that ISN"T your style... because it could surprise you and be something that you absolutely fall in love with!

Hope this helps.

thanks for advice hun, i wouldn't dare do that though i hate most hairdressiers even when told what to do i think they often mess it up lol... i am terrible with trust, sadly only have one female friend lol she's def not my style too out there. she has a almost bald hair cut lol. its nice on her but not for me, i am getting very girlie but i love activies and hiking etc.

Have you thought about maybe just getting some layers cut into your hair, maybe with a side fringe? That's a good way of changing the style without having to get it all cut off.

As for your clothes i would say try colour - if you usually wear all black then just adding a tshirt in a different colour would make a big difference. I also swear by my skinny jeans! (i wear them with shirts, tshirts, tunic tops, all sorts really lol) I think they look great with everything and you can wear them with pumps or ballet flats so you will be comfortable running round after your little one.

I also agree with a previous poster who said get some new underwear, that always makes me feel sexier lol!

xx

can't wear nor can't stand skinny jeans i have huge thunder thighs cause i used to dance. thanks for tips though.

Wow.... I don't mean to come off as a bitch,

But... all the suggestions people are giving you and you're not willing to try any of them. There seems to be an excuse or reason to not give anything a go...

Sounds to me like you don't REALLY want other people's advice. I'm sad that I wasted my time trying to help when you don't even want to attempt to try anything any of us have suggested. :shrug:

Wow.... I don't mean to come off as a bitch,

But... all the suggestions people are giving you and you're not willing to try any of them. There seems to be an excuse or reason to not give anything a go...

Sounds to me like you don't REALLY want other people's advice. I'm sad that I wasted my time trying to help when you don't even want to attempt to try anything any of us have suggested. :shrug:

hehe i just read this thread and thought the same thing... why bother asking if you're not willing to listen to anyones suggestions? obviously you know better yourself so maybe this was a pointless thread! Lol

i said i didn't like skinny jeans i took the colour and hair advice.

I'm sorry if this offends you, it isn't intended to, but all I got from your post was a person who is looking for a confidence boost rather than advice. Perhaps by showing your pictures (where you don't look bad!!) you would get a few posts telling you that you look fine as you are which would make you feel better???

Don't know, just looks like you'd rather someone did that than actually advise you on how to change. Nobody knows what kind of clothes you're prepared to wear, or how far you're prepared to go with your hair etc so can only advise on what works for them.
It seems that of all the suggestions given have gone down like a lead balloon so far!
All I will say, is that any good hairdresser will have seen so many face shapes and hair types, that they will likely be able to advise you on a style that will suit you and be easy to maintain and should be able to show you a picture of what they are aiming towards rather than just hacking into it!!
Clothes have to be something you feel comfortable in really, so it's hard to suggest anything!
We all have moments of self doubt when we don't feel we look our best, but whenever I feel like that my OH tells me I don't look any different to normal!! Bet yours is just the same really!

had a bad experience with hairdresses when i was a little younger and they did hack all my hair off, asked for an inch and they took about 7 was horrible, still trying to grow my hair out from the dessaster, but thats not anyone here's fault. i did change my hair after posting this, i have dyed my hair brown and changed style slightly. my hair is mega thick and mega frizzy so its hard to get the right style, the length helps to pull it down. going to get some money together and then getting some new clothes, think the colour in clothing is a good idea just never sure which colour will work for me, i haven't changed anything in about 10years so hard to know exactly what is best or if i would suit it, just a bit relutlant because i have mild AS so makes it hard to know sometimes and sorry if i sounded sooooooooo rude too people wasn't meant that way, was taking little bits from each post and tayloring it to suit.

Glad you've made some positive changes and good to see you are sounding a bt happier!

lynne :flower:what you need is to have hair makeover i'd suggest go for short hair cut will make look and feel younger .. also need to invest little on shopping!! light make up would do u good too!!

and most of all you have to see urself first pretty-attractive and sexy .. and then every one will see the same!!

gd luck hon!! :kiss:xxxx

considering investing in some make-up and going to check out some clothing style over the weekend, but wont cut hair i know would maybe look nicer but growing up for our wedding trying to get it down to my bum :D

hey you've mentioned your hair is quite frizzy etc....

why don't you get it relaxed? then it required no cutting or styling so you don't need to worry about the hairdresser messing up and it takes away frizz and leaves it smooth

sounds good how would i go about getting one of these.

hey you've mentioned your hair is quite frizzy etc....

Why don't you get it relaxed? Then it required no cutting or styling so you don't need to worry about the hairdresser messing up and it takes away frizz and leaves it smooth

and after few weeks ur hair gets worst than before!!

oh right lol well will keep straighten it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->