need some advice

stacey&bump

Reaction score
hi , im looking to lose about a stone or maybe a teeny bit over by xmas time. Ive recently split up with my babys father so by the new year i want to feel like a new me , new start .
i generally find that sticking to strict diets works for the first week then i fall by the way side so i simply want to cut out the fast food, fatty foods , fizzy drinks and eat healthily. Im planning on eating , for breakfast, normally special k or scrambled eggs, lunch is soup or pasta and a balanced meal for dinner , im going to snack on muller light yoghurts, fresh fruit.

Im going to go walking every evening for roughly half an hour then up this time , im also going to be doing the wii dance fit , its lots of fun doesnt even feel like a work out ! Fingers crossed i get my weight down , Im roughly 10 st 6 now.

Im also curious about slimming tablets ? are these expensive can anyone recommend any good ones? and if anyone has any low fat foods or tips i could benefit from id be really greatful to hear , thanks :):)

& good luck to everyone losing weight !!!!!

I definitely think your goal is achievable by xmas. And good for you, I think a new year, new you is a great attitude!

Your plan of healthy eating and exercise is definitely the best way.

In regards to diet pills, I don't have any experience with any so can't offer advice there. But am interested in other replies.

Good luck. Xx

Thermogenics (ie. "diet pills") are useful when one has already done all the work of eating on plan, lifting hard, doing their cardio, and need the extra "umph" to break through a low body fat percentage. They are really meant for people who do more of a bodybuilding-style plan/routine.

If you haven't gotten to that point (and you haven't - few people really do, and it's not a long-term solution, more for competitions etc.) then you will be wasting your money. They are probably the biggest scam out there these days.

If you feel you need a "kick" then black coffee, plain green tea is very cheap and easy. If you want the kick but want to consider an actual supplement, then products such as Xtend and Oxylite Pro can be useful. They are not thermogenic diet pills but basically energy supplements to kick your butt into gear in the gym.

Good luck! I've been into weightlifting/bodybuilding for 8 years myself, if there was a miracle solution I would share it, but it doesn't exist.

Im against diet pills, your body is an amazing working tool, treat it right you'll get eveything you want back from it.

good luck.

I wouldn't recommend slimming tablets at all.

Your plan sounds like a good one, although take care with muller light yoghurts as although they are low calorie and low fat they are actually high in sugars.

If you want to track your calories you can use myfitnesspal which is free

Hi

ive tried maxislim weightloss tablets to get off my last 9lb i lost 6lb in a week but it gave me horrable stomach pains & very quickly goes back on. they are good to lose that bit extra for a holiday or something short term tho i found

thanks girls i think ill take ur advice and go against the slimming tabs , i have heard about herbalife though ? a girl in my area supplies u with shakes to take for 3 days out of the week , and apparently they have great results, has anyone else heard of it or used it ? and what is MYFITNESSPAL ? sorry im not familiar with it ? is it on the internet xx

thanks girls i think ill take ur advice and go against the slimming tabs , i have heard about herbalife though ? a girl in my area supplies u with shakes to take for 3 days out of the week , and apparently they have great results, has anyone else heard of it or used it ? and what is MYFITNESSPAL ? sorry im not familiar with it ? is it on the internet xx

Yes, the webaddress is myfitnesspal.com its completely free to use, if you put in how much weight you want to loose each week it will tell you how many calories you should have. There is a massive data base where you can search the food you eat and add it to your diary so that know if you are having the right amount of calories each day.

Herbalife & most things like that will work short term but as soon as you stop you will put the weight back on, if you only have (for example) 1000 calories a day on this plan you will lose weight but as soon as you up your calories to normal once you go off them your body will store those extra calories as fat because it has got used to so much less to function on. Sadly the only way to do it & keep it off is exercise & a sensible diet xx

I use myfitnesspal too and its great. Theres a phone app and its online too. Basically i add in everything i eat and all the exercise i do and it adds up all of the calories for me. Ive got a friend on board too losing weight with me so that helps. I have to keep at it because she is and i cant back out now :haha:

Go to a gym and workout all the body parts.
You will not only loose some weight, but you will loose only fat tissue. It's important to work out all the body parts, so you will reduce the fat tissue in an uniform mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->