Need some encouragement

happyface82

Reaction score
Ok! So! This is going to be labour No2! First one I have in Greece and things are heavily medicated over there. i knew how its going to be, I knew I didn't have any options and just went with it. I had in my mind that I want a natural birth but I'm not against an epidural since I was going to be strapped on a bed with a monitor and I wasn't going to be able to help myself. Anyway, labour was quick, water broke and I instantly had intense contractions 3 min apart. An hour after my waters broke I was already feeling like this is really painful and was disappointed in myself as I thought I would last longer - I had no idea I was progressing so quickly. OB hadn't arrived yet so noone checked on me. :dohh:

Anyway, I managed with no pain relief or gas & air until I hit a wall and lost it completely. That's when I asked for the epidural. I didn't help that all the support I got from the midwife was this one question: do you want an epidural now or later?? No advice, no kind words to calm me down, nothing!! I got the epidural and once I had it I was told to push!! I had no idea I was so close.... if they'd told me I wouldn't have had it. Plus I couldn't push cause my contractions stopped so they had to put me on the drip and eventually got baby out with a ventouse. All unnecessary stress really. Anyhow, I was discussing my labour with some doulas and I realised when I hit that wall it must have been transition.. And my body wanted to push and mid five kept telling me to wait till I've had the epidural so I was trying to hold it which was impossible. I mean your body does its own thing!!

This time I'll be giving birth in the UK and I'm hoping if this one is not early I can go to the birth centre. I guess I just want some reassurance that I can do this naturally. I still remember how I lost it and how it felt last time.. but I'm thinking if I've made it to fully dilated with no medication, strapped on a bed then this time it should be much easier right? :shrug:

Definitely sounds like transition! The 'I can't do this anymore' bit. I think that's probably the hardest bit for everyone but having an active birth will help you and of course feeling more relaxed with supportive midwives.
My midwives were great when I got to this point they told me it was normal and I was doing amazing and that it was almost over. At least second time round you know that the pain does stop and it's the last bit before pushing xxxx

That's what I'm hoping for.. active labour will do the trick. I still remember last time when I got transferred from my room to the labour ward I was already in a lot of pain and had a lot of pressure.. but while they were trasfferring me (on the bed of course - they wouldn't let me get up- I chatted to the guy who was taking me down and I don't' remember much pain for that part.. which means that even the slightest distraction helped tremendously.. sitting there on the bed without being able to move does not help with the pain coming and you feel so helpless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->