Need some relief....TMI

redberry3

Love My Little Peek <3
Reaction score
So I am on this diet that requires me to drink shakes, eat puddings, have soy puffs etc. that has biological proteins in it and I think, I know the products are making me all bunged up.....

anyone know effective ways of clearing up constipation on a very strict diets of proteins and veggies....no fruits etc.?

I have tried LBS II, Slippery Elm, Loclo.

Someone suggested eating 2 cups of sauerkraut but I could possibly barf.....

:blush: thanks....

Maybe your body is telling you that complex carbohydrates and the fiber they offer are actually a necessary part of your diet?
I don't think I would continue with something that was having that effect on my body, personally.

Surely you know some natural relievers Sarah...you are the first person I would have asked lol.

I will think and get back to you.

Senna tea is supposed to work, but again, you are addressing a symptom, not the issue. If you are affecting your digestion that much, I think you need to re-evaluate the diet.

Senna pills!

They are a god send.. I know it's bad but I used them when I was pregnant.. or I'd never have pooped lol

I hated Senna pills - they are an irritant laxative (there are a few different kinds of laxatives) and gave me terrible cramps.

I agree that a diet that is having that effect on your body would make me wary...

I've always found a small bowl of prunes in the morning help a LOT. I was having em every morning for brekkie when I was on holiday in Jersey and I had to go to the loo not too long later, every day I had em. Or prune syrup..

I've also done an intestinal cleanse... worked well.. I'll get the bottle and tell you what the ingredients were in the morning. It was MetaSlim though, got it at Shoppers.

I am now going to cause all sorts of upset and debate, but "cleanses" are one of the very worst example of junk science and one of the reasons I really wish that the health food industry was subject to much stricter regulations.
Your intestine is self-cleansing. It completely sheds and renews it's lining every few days. You don't need to cleanse anymore than you need to douche (vagina is also self-cleansing). And like douching, introducing agents to cause a clean-out of any sort can be very upsetting to your body's natural flora in the gut and cause you way more problems in the long run. At best, cleanses are a huge waste of money. At worst, they can make you quite ill.
I really wish that Health Canada would take on the ridiculous claims made by the health food industry with products like this.
I am not trying to sound harsh, but I do want you guys to be healthy. Diets that cause constipation or products that cause a big elimination - the first is your body's way of telling you that something isn't right , the second is unnecessary. If we needed to do that, our bodies would have cycles like that naturally.
Just be careful, darlings! Lots of bogus diet products out there.

I don't do cleanses unless under the supervision of a professional.

I am on a diet through a 7th generation persian herbalist and because of the proteins we are using it is very normal for me to get clogged.

I have lost 21.5 lbs in 6 weeks (last Friday) and have a total of 52.7 lbs to lose to be in a healthy BMI, so I really can't quit....I started in Obese Level I on the charts and am currently in the Overweight Category...:rofl:.....

Its important for me to be happy and healthy for Alexander so if that means being clogged and having to unclog with some natural remedies (again under the supervision of a trained professional) then I will do so in order to meet my goal. Once I am done the diet I will most likely still be clogged 3/7 days if the week because I am prone to constipation.

Thanks for the information tho, I am alwasy interested in natural remedies before taking Exlax or something.

:hugs:

i used laculose (sp) although thinking about it, it might not be great for your diet as its quite sugary. can you drimk tea? i find a strong cup of tea in the morning keeps me 'moving'.
hope you find something that helps soon.

xoxo

the coffee used to get me moving.....now it doesn't! :rofl:

Is taco bell part of your diet?? That'll work!!

:rofl:

I hope you can find something that works for you!

I'm personally with Sarah on this one...and plus, I don't know how you could have a diet without FRUIT!! Ooooh, I'd go absolutely MAD! If my husband didn't harp on me for not eating enough meat, I would just live on fruit. Mmmmmm.....

Happy...um...you-know-whatting!
:D

miss fruit but i definitely don't miss the fat in my.....whole body!!! :)

:D haha! Good for you on your weight loss!

Have you figured anything out to try for your problemo?

there is this one prouct, a premade pudding that I was eating that seemed to be the culprit, because I haven't had anything week and I seem to have a little (which is GREAT) bowel movement each morning....so i guess i just steer clear of the pudding for now. :rofl: i can't beleive how much info i am giving...

Processed soy products can often be hard on the digestive tract. Glad you figured it out, especially if you are having such success with this diet and are feeling positive about your weight loss. I didn't mean to sound too critical before. I think I had been reading a couple of threads in which some really risky weight loss things were being discussed and I sort of brought that energy into my reply. I know you are a careful girl! :)

you didn't sound critical my friend!!! I know where you are coming from and i completely agree with the risky weightloss plans. I hate them and think a lot of them are an expensive version of a laxative diet and a lot of young girls see it working in hollywood but don't realize that the spokespeople don't actually use the crap and then they take theses pills or whatever and end up having their bowels become dependant on the pills in order to poo once a week.

I hate weightloss pills sold in grocery stores!!!!

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->