Need tips on what to eat with MS!!

kris85

Reaction score
Hi all :)

Well I'm just over 6 weeks and my MS has progressively gotten worse, no vomiting yet but serious nausea all day every day.

The though of ANY food makes me feel worse and theres nothing my poor tummy wants to eat. The only thing that helps a tiny bit is sucking on hard lollies. With a toddler to look after, its hardly going to give me the energy I need!

Those with MS, what are you eating? I've tried dry crackers and even thats not really doing it for me.

I don't think I can handle another 6 weeks of this :cry:

I've been struggling with MS also.. actually lost 5kgs in 2weeks which can't be good. I've been vomiting almost every morning, nauseous all day & ZERO appetite.

I've been having alot of toast with melted butter & cup of tea.. that's always been a staple for me when feeling sick. I'll have 2 x toast & tea to take my pre-natal vits (I really need to get them down if not another meal during the day.)
With dinner/lunch I try and take my time with whatever OH is making, but can normally only stomach 1/4 of what I would normally eat. Try to keep your fluids up also, I've found that'll keep headaches at bay.

Good luck ! :hugs:

The only thing pretty much I've eaten for 2 weeks is mashed potato! On a good day some chicken too! That's about it really I've even had it for breakfast!

Hope it passes soon for you x

Some days all I can stomach is a bowl of Alpen as its quite plain but flavoursome too

thanks ladies :)

bla its the worse.. i miss food! today all I've eaten is twisties, chocolate (surprisingly can stomach it more than other stuff) & mints.

Will have to be super healthy once this passes to make up for eating crap for this long!

I have tea and toast also it's yummy but at the same time isn't too greasy, sweet, or flavoursome which can provoke my nausea. x

Ohh my god i love cheese twisties! *salivates* you can tell im having a good day lol.

Learnt i eat all my comfort foods when i feel sick... I always try eat something otherwise it just makes it so much worse! Was eating healthy before i got preggo now i'd be lucky to eat one of my 5 a day... White meat can forget it!! Hope im better xmas day :( lol

Anyway i've been eating a LOT of toast, crumpets, mash potato, jacket potatoes with cheese. Making myself hungry lol chocolate has featured heavily also! And milk/hot chocolate. I say just go with childhood comfort foods. Xxx

I've been eating toast and ready salted crisps! I feel sick all say long and it's awful so I feel your pain! Every little smell makes me feel sick, and I've gone off tea, I mean can't even look at it! Which is strange since I'm usually an all day long tea drinker! (Decaf)

very bland foods - toast, crackers, potatoes.

meal replacement shakes???

I find cheese is a good one it settles it a little and crumpets (oh I might have one now) hope it eases!!! xxx

I find 'breakfast biscuits' or toast amazing. But If I feel super sick I just suck a sweet as nothing else gets rid of the horrible watery taste that makes me feel sick!

I've been eating crackers, mashed potatoes, rice, toast, frozen whole grain waffles, oatmeal... just a lot of bland and boring foods. I wish I could eat real food but it is so unappealing whenever I try. Sometimes I can handle chicken and rice soup or something like that. Oh, and for some reason spaghetti has been working for me. haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->