Need your ladies help with covering my tracks!!

Happy happy

Reaction score
Sooo, having just got my bfp right before a few up and coming events I need some reasons to get out of them or excuses for not drinking....I'm figuring just saying we are actively TTC so wanting to get healthy will sort the non drinking but I've a spa day for a good friends birthday coming up and a 13 mile charity pub walk which goes over hills etc ... can anyone help?!?
Thanks in advance xxx

I would not mention ttc in relation to not drinking, I'd just not drink and don't make it obvious.
What's the problem with the Spa and the walk?
Xx

short, simple answers work best (health kick, don't feel like it today, something simple that requires no further explanation), followed by a change of subject, usually a question about the person asking. Get them talking about themselves and they won't ask about what you are doing. Make no big deal of it. The less of a deal you make of it, the less they will wonder.

I would not mention ttc in relation to not drinking, I'd just not drink and don't make it obvious.
Xx

Thanks for your reply. I can't go to the spa really as I won't be able to use the jacuzzi or the steam rooms and it will just raise questions .
The walk doesn't concern me too much it's more the terrain as it's across fields and over styles etc. Think I'm just over thinking everything but I can't let anyone find out before we are ready xoxo

short, simple answers work best (health kick, don't feel like it today, something simple that requires no further explanation), followed by a change of subject, usually a question about the person asking. Get them talking about themselves and they won't ask about what you are doing. Make no big deal of it. The less of a deal you make of it, the less they will wonder.

That's a really good idea, like you say, the more you say the bigger a hold you're digging so just keep it simple...like it :)
Thank you!! Looks like we got our bfp at the same time! ! Xoxo

Xx

Thanks for your reply. I can't go to the spa really as I won't be able to use the jacuzzi or the steam rooms and it will just raise questions .
The walk doesn't concern me too much it's more the terrain as it's across fields and over styles etc. Think I'm just over thinking everything but I can't let anyone find out before we are ready xoxo

The risk is about overheating, dehydration and possible fainting. I probably wouldn't go in a steam room I don't like them anyway but I've been in a jacuzzi because it wasn't hot.
A lot of people don't know about that anyway so you could just not go in those if you didn't want to.
Unless you always say how much you love steam rooms etc then they won't know and you could just swim?
Or say last time you went in you felt faint so you'd rather not? Or conveniently forget your swimming costume.
You'd still have a great time I'm sure.
Xx

As far as the walk and the Spa day, maybe say you aren't feeling very well, (which may be true) and you think you have a stomach bug ;)

I was a daily drinker. I had to hide it from very perceptive and nosey teenagers for 2 weeks. I used the health kick excuse and immediately changed the subject to them. Worked like a charm.

i just lied and said i was sick antibiotics sorry can't drink on them. when they ask what i had i was just like you know some small infections from a bug going round as for the spa you could say it's that time your special time of the month lol since it is a special time they will just assume your talking about AF. good luck

Ahhh thanks everyone!! I've plenty to go off I think!! The spa is completely separate to the pool etc, it's literally just the Hot tub/ Jacuzzi and the various steam rooms so will try and swerve that or change the location to where there is a pool if my friend is insistent on going.
The health kick would work as I'm always at the gym so wouldn't sound odd my not wanting to drink...my best friend might suspect something but she knows better than to ask as I've previously said I wouldn't tell!!
Ooohhhh hope these next couple of months whizz by!!!
Have a great day everyone xoxo

I say I have a headache when offered a drink (1 wedding and a work social). And it's also true, I have a stinking migraine.
You can say the same about the steam room.

Thank our nina83! !
Hope you're feeling better soon!! xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"