Needing help!

Loveit

Reaction score
Hi, I dont know if this is in the right section!
This might sound like a silly question but i haven't a clue what i'm doing!
Basically Evie is having 4 8oz bottles a day and sleeping roughly 12 hours a night. Shes started to drain the 8oz so im gunna move up to 9 tonight. After she starts to drain the 9oz what will i do next? Will i start to wean her or will i give her an extra bottle? She will be 4 months next week. Iv got swine flu so can't ask my hv tomorrow :(

Thanks for any replies x

Hey just wanted to say hope you feel better soon... could you give your HV a call and see what she suggests? Mine said to add the milk until you can't add anymore in the bottle, but I wasnt keen on that much milk so weaned earlier tha I hoped for, but your HV is best person to ask. Have you tried the hungry baby milk?

Thanks, i feel awful!
This is it you see, im clueless haha i dont know whether to start her on the hungrier baby milk or start weaning her. Is it too soon? I know she will be ready soon, shes always hungry when shes awake! Id ring the HV but i dont know where to ring lol!
Thanks for replying :) x

Thanks, i feel awful!
This is it you see, im clueless haha i dont know whether to start her on the hungrier baby milk or start weaning her. Is it too soon? I know she will be ready soon, shes always hungry when shes awake! Id ring the HV but i dont know where to ring lol!
Thanks for replying :) x

I would try her on the hungrier milk and see how she goes with that and if that doesn't satisfy her then you have no option but to start weaning. They advise no earlier than 17 weeks but after that should be fine. You can get the details of the HV at the place where you get her weighed, just give them a call and they will put you through to them. x

As the others said try on hungry baby milk, then look for other signs that she might be ready for weaning - has she got good head control, can she sit well supported, does she take an interest in your food? Alex cried when we would eat something and spend the entire time trying to grab our dinner, he was weaned at 4 months (partly because he had a reflux problem - but also because he was showing signs of being ready for it) and he took to it really well.

Hope you're feeling better soon honey :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->