Neighbours thought we had gotten a cat?!?!

LoveCakes

Reaction score
We live in a semi detached house and would say hello to our neighbours but that's it.

We had our LO out in her pram today and the neighbour asked if she was ours?! Hubby asked had she not heard her and she said she thought we'd gotten a cat.

Considering I was heavily pregnant in summer so not covering up my bump at all I'm surprised she didn't pick it up sooner.

Some people are just odd! lol. An old friend from school works in the supermarket just down the street so seen my every other day through my pregnancy. I continued to shop there after Isabella was born (october last year) and last week she asked if i was babysitting?! I said no, shes mine to which she replied 'you were pregnant? i didnt notice' xxx

Sometimes it's just not obvious! I remember coming in one day and saying 'next door must be pregnant! There are pampers boxes by their recycle bin!' - we figured it was early days and they were stocking up. the next day they knocked and asked if we wanted to meet the baby!! We chat to these neighbors regularly , had fed their cat for them etc and still didn't notice lol!

My next door neighbour figured it out 6 weeks before she was born because the lady across the road had seen a pushchair be delivered and they'd had a conversation about it.

Looks like we have a street of curtain twitchers :D

I always get asked if my DS is my nephew? Am I his childminder? He's a big baby. I'm small. He Looks like my sisters children?? People are cray cray.

When my LO was 11 weeks old, I had a lady come up to me in Tesco and was like "aww gosh isn't she growing, how old is she now"

I was like who the f**k are you!!! Lol turns out it was a lady in the opposite house from me, I had no idea lol :haha:

Freaky being watched! Lol

I had mothers at school that I saw twice a day say to me they didn't realise I was pregnant!!

Makes you wonder - did they think I was just getting really fat?!

It's amazing how inobservant we can all be! I can admit I'm sure I would be be guilty of not knowing about a neighbours pregnancy. Things go right over my head and it takes me ages to figure out when people have new hairstyles or other such things. I can imagine a pregnancy slipping by.

Both our sets of neighbours didn't realise till very late in my pregnancy and they saw me every day or every few days. On one side there is a shared house with 5 guys and the other a middle-aged couple. In the last month of pregnancy we were talking to them (seperately) and they had the same reaction - a sudden gasp and stare at my bump followed by a garbled congratulations (clearly embarrassed they hadn't noticed sooner).

How funny they thought the baby was a cat! Their cries are little at first, but a cat??

Newborn cries are often mistaken for cats. I am also quite unobservant so probably wouldn't have noticed either lol

I am one of the nosiest neighbours (there really isnt a lot else to do around here) so i would definitely have noticed lol.

I remember being out pushing my lo in the pram and someone said 'not long to go now' I was like 'errr I've had the baby.....here she is!!'
Some people are strange!!

She just sounds like she is not the brightest crayon in the box lol.

My youngest was born in October. We had one bloody hot summer last year so I was always in maxi dresses, shorts and a vest top, generally not covering my bump and a lot of my neighbours hadn't realised I was pregnant at all. God knows how they missed it. I was absolutely huge second time round. I mean how the hell could you not notice a bump this size!

Attachments

• 485495_10152038758376019_271805410_n.jpg
    485495_10152038758376019_271805410_n.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 6
My neighbour who I talk to regularly pop up to their house if I need anything etc... didn't realise til he saw me wheeling my suitcase up the road on the way to the hospital to be induced :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->