Nervous about TTC!!

Widget

Pregnant with Baby #1
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm Widget and this is officially my first post here! DF and I are due to be married in July of this year and we finally had the big talk where we got to discuss kids. We agreed that sometime in the next year or two would be a good idea and I am SOOOO excited about it! Despite being the typical high strung "career woman" who has been focused on climbing the ladder, I have been dreaming about this for so long!!

But I'm a little nervous about TTC and I am wondering if anybody else has these fears at first... maybe we may find out that we have fertility issues.... maybe I won't be prepared enough to be a mom... will having two HUGE great danes in the house make everything difficult.... will my career end up in a bad shape (as an aside, I'm the higher earner in our family and we certainly need it to stay that way!).

I feel like we are ready... however I am still worried how it will impact our lives and if we are prepared for what we are in for! I have never been the "maternal type" but it is all I can think about! How do you know if you will be a good mom?

You're considering things that could happen, all the different avenues, thats gonna make you a good mum hun :hugs:

I was petrified at first. Then we TTC, i got frustrated. Then we had our baby, in different circumstances, and as a mum you just get on with whats thrown at you. Its instinct!

Welcome to BnB! :wave: I think most people are nervous, I know I am x x

I definitely nervous, but I think it must be natural, it's such a major event! I think the worrying and nervousness at this stage must just be the start - imagine how much you'll worry once you've got a baby!!

I was never the maternal type either, until about 2 years ago when all of a sudden I got really broody after we got married. I think the fact that you're worrying is probably a good sign that you'll be a good mom, though. :thumbup:

The fear of the unknown can really be rough on us all. But you don't need to be the "maternal type" to get parenting right. Thinking things through, and being open to whatever life gives you will be a great start! :) Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I am so nervous about TTC as well because my DH and I have such a solid relationship right now. I want it to stay that way but you never know. All I know is that I want to be a mother because we have so much love for each other and I know we will have a happy family. The rest of if I am pretty scared about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->