Nervous about whether I'll be a good mom

PnkPolkaDots

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm just shy of 7 weeks after having a m/c last spring. Being a mother has been my lifelong dream and I am ecstatic about this baby, but the past few days I can't stop wondering whether I'll be a good enough mom.

I just wonder if having a baby is going to be one of those things that you want your entire life (in my case) and feel prepared for, and then when it happens you're not nearly as competent as you thought you'd be. Perhaps it's the hormones, but there's been a few times when I'm alone I've found myself starting to cry because I love this baby so much already, but worry if I'll be able to be the mom that s/he deserves. Anyone else had or having these thoughts?

Ofcoarse!! I'm Mum to a 3 year old and 7 month old and still doubt myself. But aslong as you love them, put them first and do your best you will be fine! X

Of course you will!
I still have times like that when I've been having a bad day and thinking they deserve so much more than me. But I'm they're mum and I do my best which is all I can do.
You'll be a great mum :)

I worry about this too! I don't have any experience with babies and barely much experience with children so feel worried that I'll have no clue what to do with a real baby that I've to look after for ever

You'll be wonderful. And on the days you aren't - that's totally normal. I'm not the perfect mother 100% of the time but my kids are beautiful, happy healthy and we love eachother like crazy.

Being a mother is the best thing that ever happened to me.

I think you'd be hard pushed to find a mother who didn't feel like this when she was pregnant with her first. I'm pregnant with my second and worried if I'll be good at coping with two and if I'll let one/both of then down. I worried the first time around that I had no experience with babies at all.

It's totally normal - becoming a parent is the biggest responsibilty for the most precious thing and yet nobody gets any training, there's no instruction manual. But instinct really does take over. Read a parenting book during pregnancy and attend an antenatal class that does some basic skills like bathing baby etc, this might help set you at ease a bit. But most of it you'll just work out as you go, there's always lots of support from health services and family - and this website - but most of all trust your own instinct, it's greater than you think it is.

The mere fact that you care enough to be worrying shows you'll be a great mum :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->