Nesquik milkshake in baby bottle?

highhopes19

Reaction score
I've never heard of this untill tonight?

At a family meal a family friend was there and her Baby is about 2 weeks older than Isabelle and she's gone off her bottles at the moment so to get her to drink her milk they've been putting chocolate or banana nesquik milkshake powder in the bottle so she'll drink it.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong but I honestly have never heard of this before not anywhere ?

X

That's odd. Personally I wouldn't do that because the odds of her wanting plain milk again is going to be slim after having yummy chocolate milk lol.. Plus that's a lot of sugar for a baby... :shrug:

At a family meal a family friend was there and her Baby is about 2 weeks older than Isabelle and she's gone off her bottles at the moment so to get her to drink her milk they've been putting chocolate or banana nesquik milkshake powder in the bottle so she'll drink it.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong but I honestly have never heard of this before not anywhere ?

X

We use to do this for my little nieces and nephews when they didn't want to drink their bottles. (With the nesquik chocolate milk powder, or the strawberry milk poweder made by the same brand.). I think they were a bit younger even maybe 6 months?. Not sure that I would do it for Evelyn (was young and stupid and following what my parents told me to do with nieces and nephews.) That stuff is loaded with sugar. Even the "less sugar" version still has a lot.

I just make Evelyn smoothies to put in her bottle using baby fruit, and formula in place of milk, and ice. It is a much healthier alternative and the sugars are natural.

Recipe:

Items Needed:

1 Jar Stage 1 (or 2 or 3) baby fruit (stage depending on your child’s level.)
4 - 6 oz of already mixed formula.
1 cup of ice.
Blender.

Put the baby food, formula , and ice in the blender and blend. (I blend for atleast 2 minutes (we have a vita-mix.) Or until there are no more ice chunks. You can add more / less formula to get different textures, but the more formula the easier for LO to get it from a bottle / cup. While still giving it that yummy milkshake taste. Pour into bottle and serve as normal. (If you make a thicker milkshake, (less formula) you can also serve with a spoon.

ETA: Formula can be substituted for breast milk.
Baby Fruit can be substituted for fresh fruit.

Yeah probably not something I would ever do. I don't think the baby would want to go back to plain milk after that! Plus wouldn't that contribute towards tooth decay if it is in a bottle?

X

We use to do this for my little nieces and nephews when they didn't want to drink their bottles. (With the nesquik chocolate milk powder, or the strawberry milk poweder made by the same brand.). I think they were a bit younger even maybe 6 months?. Not sure that I would do it for Evelyn (was young and stupid and following what my parents told me to do with nieces and nephews.) That stuff is loaded with sugar. Even the "less sugar" version still has a lot.

I just make Evelyn smoothies to put in her bottle using baby fruit, and formula in place of milk, and ice. It is a much healthier alternative and the sugars are natural.

Recipe:

Items Needed:

1 cup of ice.
Blender.

Put the baby food, formula , and ice in the blender and blend. (I blend for atleast 2 minutes (we have a vita-mix.) Or until there are no more ice chunks. You can add more / less formula to get different textures, but the more formula the easier for LO to get it from a bottle / cup. While still giving it that yummy milkshake taste. Pour into bottle and serve as normal. (If you make a thicker milkshake, (less formula) you can also serve with a spoon.

Im gonna have to try that with eddie.. Great idea!

That's odd. Personally I wouldn't do that because the odds of her wanting plain milk again is going to be slim after having yummy chocolate milk lol.. Plus that's a lot of sugar for a baby... :shrug:

My youngest little niece was put on Pediasure when she was 6 or 7 months, due to her being premature and not gaining weight very well / properly. Getting her to drink normal milk after that (when she was 2, instead of 1 per doctors orders). Was a nightmare. What I did when she was at my house was...

At first give 3/4 sippy of pediasure / flavored milk with just a 1/4 of plain milk. Give that with each bottle for a while, and then slowly (like after a week or so, start decreasing the amount of flavored milk.) I had to show her parents how to do this. AND WHY she would drink plain milk at my house and not at home. Eventually she got on plain milk at both places but it was a nightmare for her mommy and daddy!

X

Recipe:

Items Needed:

1 cup of ice.
Blender.

Im gonna have to try that with eddie.. Great idea!

Your welcome! It works wonders for teething babies!

Thanks I wasn't sure if it was a common thing that I just hadn't heard of or something that's not iykwim?

Im still learning this "mummy stuff" there's only so many books one can read lol.... I honestly find it more helpful by getting first hand knowledge and experience from you all :thumbup:.

Like addie's fruity milkshake there I wouldn't of had a clue about that... Sounds lovely :flower:. Luckily I don't have a problem getting Isabelle to have her milk we have the opersite problem :dohh::haha: xx

Yeah probably not something I would ever do. I don't think the baby would want to go back to plain milk after that! Plus wouldn't that contribute towards tooth decay if it is in a bottle?

Probally not any more then juice or anything else that is given. Even milk has sugar in it. On the bottles when you first buy them they say "Prolonged sucking on anything other then water in a bottle can lead to tooth decay." So obviously she doesn't get to keep it and suckle on it all day. She gets her bottle, drinks it, and is done. <3

Thanks I wasn't sure if it was a common thing that I just hadn't heard of or something that's not iykwim?

Im still learning this "mummy stuff" there's only so many books one can read lol.... I honestly find it more helpful by getting first hand knowledge and experience from you all :thumbup:.

Like addie's fruity milkshake there I wouldn't of had a clue about that... Sounds lovely :flower:. Luckily I don't have a problem getting Isabelle to have her milk we have the opersite problem :dohh::haha: xx

Yep! Evy loves her milkies too! We just give her this as well because of her teething issues and her utter hate of teething rings and fact that Orajel does nothing for her. <3 The icyness really helps her : ) (Even more then just plain cold formula from the fridge.)

Wow that's the first I've heard of it, I wouldn't do it!

I haven't done this and I knew it wasn't a good idea... But when I was so desperate to get my LO to feed and suffering her losing weight - plus doctors and HV made me like it was my fault then it was appealing. Finally battled through and things are improving! :flower:

Also never heard of doing it. Surely the powder has all sorts of crap in and full of e numbers etc?! Personally wouldn't want to give that to my LO - each to their own!

I wouldn't do it anyway, but having read the ingredients list and that there is 13g of sugar per 16g serving, there is no way I would do it!!! That is not much different to putting actual refined sugar into your babies bottles.

It also contains salt and that makes me think it could be very dangerous for a baby and for that reason I think I would say something to them. Maybe just ask if they know there is salt added to it?

AFAIK, it was well known that the only thing that should be given to a baby in a bottle is milk and water.

I know someone that did this, I didn't agree with it at all, but after really suffering to get her baby to drink (her little girl has cmpi and was on a special formula that was rancid!) the baby was loosing weight and was admitted to hospital several times but there was no alternative milk she could have. The mum researched and researched and discovered this so decided to try it. She literally used a dab of powder (not even half a teaspoon), used it for a couple of weeks and baby slowly weaning off it. Like I said I thought it was terrible, but she didn't see any alternative. Her baby was probs only 8 weeks old when this started. Now the little girl is 5 mths, and finally gaining weight properly and drinking her plain special milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubysan
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->