Netbook/computer for 6 year old? Yey or nay? :/

AP

Reaction score
Is it just too young? Alex cant get her head round Wii/PS4 when I know a lot of her kids can.... but shes great at PC and mac stuff. I was considering a netbook or something for her obviously full of educational bits.

Please don't judge, this girl doesn't "do" toys, she's not your average 6 year old :thumbup:

I'd say go for it, plenty of kids have tablets etc so why not get here something she can get her head round! :thumbup: xxx

My cousin's daughter was 7 in January, she had a netbook for Christmas last year. If you know she's going to use it a lot and love it then why not?

My almost 5 yr old has a tablet and loves it (so do we lol)

My 13 yr old is getting mainly electronics and ps3 stuff for his Christmas gifts... he's not into toys. Books too for him and some clothes.

I don't see why not :) Better than loads of toys she won't play with imo.

I feel a bit reassured now! Shes had an ipad from a very young age for her speech and language so she's used to technology.

It can only help her laptops are great for education!

My 7 year old has asked for a tablet with keyboard so she can write her story's on it so I wouldn't say so. Think we're going to get her the kurio smart. :)

If you believe that she will take care of it and respect it, and get good use of it. I say go for it.. I personally know my 5 year old wouldn't look after it, but he also has no intrest in that sort of thing that is why i wouldn't do it for my child. But each child is differant, so i say if you think she is old enough go for it :)

My 5 year old daughter has asked for a laptop too. She is also not like other children her age, she has little/no interest in toys but I can see that she'd get loads out of a laptop. Think we're going to go for it.
Only problem is what to get our 4 year old daughter. I just thing she's too young to look after such a gift but I don't want to see tears on Christmas Day. What to do, what to do??

My 2.5 year old and 4 year old have tablets (bad mummy I know) they love them. I did get them on the pretence of playing educational games but in reality it's mainly YouTube videos of mine craft and people opening kinder eggs lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->