Never been this excited for my period before

LilacPetal

TTC #3
Reaction score
13 months postpartum and just got my first period, I've never been this excited about it before, Haha! I had some suspicious EWCM (just a tiny bit) on the 4th so I took an OPK and it was blazing positive so looks like everything is warming up and practicing to get back in business. #1 took 18 months to conceive, #2 was an early miscarriage that took about 6/7 months to conceive, and #3 took about 4 months to conceive after the miscarriage. So I expect it'll take a bit before we get pregnant this time and I think it'll take a couple cycles to even regulate and start ovulating.

I'm not looking to rush all in into TTC right away, probably somewhere between NTNP and actively TTC (passively TTC?), but it's so nice to have an idea of what's going on with my body!

I'm trying to decide if I should start BBT right now or wait until we get super serious. The biggest problem is I don't know if it would be very easy to get accurate temps - I bed-share and breastfeed my little ones and they start stirring around 5am but don't wake until around 7am - so I wouldn't want to set an alarm that would wake everyone earlier than necessary but by the time they wake up I've been tossing and turning for a couple hours. I really like having all the information from BBT, though.

Anyway, best cycle day 1 I've ever had!
:flower:

I forgot to add, I had crazy cramping on the 5th so that I really thought my period was going to start that day! This was the OPK from the 4th.

20200104_125954.jpg

I am 7.5 months postpartum and have not had a postpartum period yet. I did get a super positive OPK like yours on January 2nd and my cramps were bad also. I thought I was going to start AF at any moment or my uterus was going to burst lol. Never had an ovulation like that. Good luck w/TTC :) Baby dust to you!

13 months postpartum and just got my first period, I've never been this excited about it before, Haha! I had some suspicious EWCM (just a tiny bit) on the 4th so I took an OPK and it was blazing positive so looks like everything is warming up and practicing to get back in business. #1 took 18 months to conceive, #2 was an early miscarriage that took about 6/7 months to conceive, and #3 took about 4 months to conceive after the miscarriage. So I expect it'll take a bit before we get pregnant this time and I think it'll take a couple cycles to even regulate and start ovulating.

I'm not looking to rush all in into TTC right away, probably somewhere between NTNP and actively TTC (passively TTC?), but it's so nice to have an idea of what's going on with my body!

I'm trying to decide if I should start BBT right now or wait until we get super serious. The biggest problem is I don't know if it would be very easy to get accurate temps - I bed-share and breastfeed my little ones and they start stirring around 5am but don't wake until around 7am - so I wouldn't want to set an alarm that would wake everyone earlier than necessary but by the time they wake up I've been tossing and turning for a couple hours. I really like having all the information from BBT, though.

Anyway, best cycle day 1 I've ever had!
:flower:

I'm tracking BBT without it being at same time each day, as I have a 16mo who occasionally wakes through the night, and I myself have insomnia and wake randomly, then I wake for work around 4/4.30am. So I temp whenever I wake sometime between 3am and 6am, as long as ive had 3hrs sleep, anyway, my point is my BBT has still managed to show ovulation despite the random times so it might be worth a try for you still :) I mean what have you got to lose haha

I am 7.5 months postpartum and have not had a postpartum period yet. I did get a super positive OPK like yours on January 2nd and my cramps were bad also. I thought I was going to start AF at any moment or my uterus was going to burst lol. Never had an ovulation like that. Good luck w/TTC :) Baby dust to you!
Thank you! Good luck to you as well!

I'm tracking BBT without it being at same time each day, as I have a 16mo who occasionally wakes through the night, and I myself have insomnia and wake randomly, then I wake for work around 4/4.30am. So I temp whenever I wake sometime between 3am and 6am, as long as ive had 3hrs sleep, anyway, my point is my BBT has still managed to show ovulation despite the random times so it might be worth a try for you still :) I mean what have you got to lose haha
Thank you, I will track down my thermometer and give it a shot!

I had ovulation just like that hon when we I got pregnant with my baby boy. Felt like my left overy was going to explode.

That's a supper positive ovulation test and yay:happydance: for the return of AF.
I'm almost 16 weeks post partum and I had my first period at just past 6 weeks postpartum it was supper heavy. I'm not BF tho so I think womon that BF it can take alot longer for there cycles to start again.
I'm on the mini pill but think I may of been ovulating. Didnt have a test to check but had a few signs. Were wanting to ttc again but holding out untill our son is around 18 months b4 we start.
When ure ready to start trying again I wish u lots of luck and baby dust :dust:

That's a supper positive ovulation test and yay:happydance: for the return of AF.
I'm almost 16 weeks post partum and I had my first period at just past 6 weeks postpartum it was supper heavy. I'm not BF tho so I think womon that BF it can take alot longer for there cycles to start again.
I'm on the mini pill but think I may of been ovulating. Didnt have a test to check but had a few signs. Were wanting to ttc again but holding out untill our son is around 18 months b4 we start.
When ure ready to start trying again I wish u lots of luck and baby dust :dust:

Thank you! Yes, for me with breastfeeding it has taken a while for my cycles to return and also taken a few cycles to regulate and get back to normal. So far this has been a SUPER light period, more spotting than anything else.

I had my first pp period when my little boy was 10 months. I got a blazing OPK like this! I did track BBT that month, and even though it was at different times (co-sleep+breastfeeding) it was still pretty accurate! (No crazy variation or anything) and it was accurate to predict my ovulation!

Good luck!

I had my first pp period when my little boy was 10 months. I got a blazing OPK like this! I did track BBT that month, and even though it was at different times (co-sleep+breastfeeding) it was still pretty accurate! (No crazy variation or anything) and it was accurate to predict my ovulation!

Good luck!
Thank you!

I think af returned 6 months pp for me. I wanted to ttc again after he was 1. I was still bf the first few cycles I was tracking so my lp was super short. I Had to track for a while first, because I use donors so I needed to know when I ovulate ahead of time. I also temp with varying wake times and could still see ovulation pattern, but I started to temp vaginally and I have found that helps smooth down the super erratic temps. Good luck!

I still haven't had a postpartum period myself and I am 8 months postpartum on the 24th of this month. Not going to be getting a period though it would seem lol. I was excited to see that opk go dark positive as well and see things were back to normal too! Glad you are starting to regulate. Baby dust for when you do ttc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->