never get an overweight bf baby?

Lizzybee

Mom to 1, StepMum to 1
Reaction score
At 15weeks he weighs 16lb 1oz. Approx 65cm long. He was 8lb 7oz at birth.
He is following the charts fine but he seems massive compared to others his age/ older!!!!

They're all different- they'll take what they need. There's nothing to say he wouldn't be just the same size if formula fed. Try not to worry; it sounds like he's doing great.

My son is big too, nearly 22lbs at 5 months and very long. They are just all different, all the HVs seem happy with my son's weight x

Mine have always been on the 9th centiles but some of my friends have had very big breastfed babies.... I agree with the others some are just bigger
And tbh 16lb doesn't sound that big at 15 weeks?

Mine is a giant (born 7.5lbs, now 17lbs and 26" at 3mo), but babies need what they need - they don't get "overweight" in the adult sense. Nor do they need to be limited in how much they are given. Mine have all been different in how they grow - this guy is off the charts in weight and length, my daughter has always been on the 50%, and my eldest was off the charts on height but not weight so a skinny guy.

But I agree with above - 16lbs doesn't seem that massive! Especially given his length.

Bf babies tend to put on weight faster at first and then slow down after a certain point.
Mine was really chubby then slowed down and now she's small for her age.
I don't think you can get an 'overweight' baby whatever way they're fed though.

When they start walking and crawling they get leaner, even my hv says that. All mine went that way too. Wish I was like that.

My son was 9lbs 1oz born and at 9months he's 22lbs 4oz and on the 98centile. He looks so big compared to other babies his size but my son was sitting up first, crawling first and has now started taking steps. As said before, they all grow differently xx

My girlfriend's DD was 10 lbs at birth, EBF and 30 lbs by 9 months. She was MASSIVE. She is just a big girl. She is tall and skinny now at 3 but stands a full head taller than her peers. Every kid is so different! :)

Cheers all, I worry too much!!!! You have put my mind at rest!!!

My daughter is 6 mos and already 18 lbs & 27 inches long :haha: Everyone tells me how massive she is. Its weird though because she's only chunky in her arms and legs. I think every baby grows differently as has been said!

My eldest was massive, he was 20lb by the time he was 6 months old on the 91st but he leaned out and now at 3 is 50th. It doesn't really matter if a BF is technically "over weight" according to charts, breast milk will not make a baby obese, it's all healthy!

I wish there was fat on my kids, not one bit of it! hv was at me last time as she thinks Myles is under weight, he dropped centils as hes up walking and running. I have very active children. I dont think they will ever be obese. Even my doc has said they burn it off fast. Wish I could say the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->