Never knew heartburn could cause this!

dreamer

Reaction score
I've been up all night with worry. I woke up at 1am with a mouthful of vomit so I spat that out and it tasted of my dinner ( sorry tmi) thought really hope this isn't food poisoning, managed to get back to sleep about an hour later woke again, same thing again but this time baby was going nuts never felt her move so fast as what she was.

Tried to have some water but just felt worse.

Phoned the doctors first thing who asked if I get heartburn, I said yes but last night was particularly bad as it normally subsides during the night or just before I go to bed, but last night it felt like it was getting worse.

Doc is pretty confident its my stomach acid making me feel sick so has prescribed me some medication to see if that helps.

I just never realised heartburn could cause vomiting or nausea :blush: Felt a bit silly really. I still don't feel right now though......

i know how your feeling i get that to wake up with vomit in my mouth yuk some nights are worse than others depends on what i eat for tea but its not nice .

Thanks, its nice to hear other people have it as well, means its normal to have it!!...if that makes sense ?

feeling any better?
loads and loads or gaviscon/rennie at night was the only thing that helps me although i never had it as bad as you. :hugs:

I have the same :hissy:

Many nights I have woken up with acid in my mouth :( So gross!!!!!

I just get up, take some Gaviscon and try and get back to sleep.

I have found that eating before 6pm helps, so that it digests properly before you lie down and go to sleep.

xxx

Unfortuntely I've started so vomit a little when I've got bad heartburn too! Guess its just one of the joys of being pregnant ha ha!

I had this badly last week. I had salsa and melted cheese on cheese tortilla chips and I think it was an overkill of fat and stuff and baby sitting high and I couldn't get to sleep because everytime I lay down, all this acid vomit rose up into my mouth, it was grim but I glugged a load of Gaviscon and it eventually died down.

I sympathise and want to :cry: at the same time! I've had heartburn right from the off and even now it makes me sick occassionally. I've found simple cream of magnesia tablets pretty effective but I do wonder if I might be addicted by the end of my pregnancy as I still have 6 months to go!!

Hope you get some relief with the medication hun :hug:

Heartburn was the worst during the third trimester. Hope you find something that settles it! :hugs:

mine was really bad last week. I was sitting on the floor helping hubby assemble the crib and I got one of those hiccup burp kind of things and something came up into my throat and I swallowed it right away. Then I had puke taste in my mouth so I had to drink water, brush my teeth, and chew gum!
I took some pepcid and it seemed to help.

Oh yes, unfortunately I suffer from the same thing. I even said to my OH "Jeez am I the only one that heartburn makes puke??" And he said his brother got it like that too. The last few nights have been particularly bad, but I've resisted the urge to run to the bathroom. I keep a bottle of antacid tablets next to my bed, which I recommend. My doc also said you can take things like zantac 75, good luck!

Thanks, I'm feeling a bit better now, went to the doc to get the prescription he'd written me, turned out to be a massive bottle of Gaviscon Aniseed flavour, it's a good job I love aniseed!!

I had this it got that bad that i threw up all my dinner 3 hours after i had eaten it, everytime i layed down it came back up and hurt like mad, doctors gave me care+ magnesium trisilicate mixture, you mix it with a little water, havnt tried it yet as i havnt had it since i got the stuff typical huh?
hope it subsides for you soon:hugs:

me too! I now avoid foods which I know have been bad for me in the past, eat a yogurt about 10pm to sooth any heartburn, then use gaviscon when necessary.:hugs:

I have just experienced severe heartburn last night, I just woke up around 02am, I didn't know I had to sit up and ease the heartburn. instead I kept sleeping feeling very uncomfortable. I ended up vomiting, feeling weak. later on I sat, but still continued vomiting. it was happening every after 20 minutes or so until I finally fell asleep at around 5:30am. I was so weak, didn't want to eat or drink as I thought it might happen again. but after lunch time I had something to eat and my twins were kicking again.

Yup it's aweful!! If I know I ate late or ate something that will trigger it then I pile up the pillow and sleep sitting up (which I hate doing and is so uncomfortable). I try not to eat after 5 PM or so, but for example last night my DH didn't get home until after 6, so we ate dinner at 7 PM. I should have known better and woke up with the choking.

try googling GORD. That is what I have been diagnosed with and having same symptoms.
Also, cut out chocolate, fizzy drinks, acidic foods etc.

Good luck x

I get this and have found chewing on gum for an hour or so after I eat helps with the acid reflux. Worth a go. Hope you get some relief soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->