New and confused-help?

Skelly

Reaction score
Hi guys!
This is my first time on a ttc forum, and needless to say Im a little lost.

A little background here, my husband and I are in our early and mid twenties respectively. We had a baby girl two years and three months ago. I had a relatively uneventful pregnancy and delivery. She was conceived literally the very first time I had unprotected sex, ever. I had what I thought was a period within days of conceiving (remember this part, it ties in with my questions) and didn't find out I was pregnant until 6 weeks gestation. So, that being said we are obviously great candidates for ttc and should do just fine. The only issue is, my cycles are insane.

I haven't had a real normal period in three years. I had that light period of sorts the week my daughter was conceived, then my six weeks of postpartum bleeding. At that point I had my iud inserted, which caused about a week of insertion bleeding followed by a light period every few months. Before then I was on an odd schedule, around three day periods occurring every 21 to 27 days. However I'm kind of discounted that previous schedule since it's been so long, I was a teenager back then!

So, long story short, here's what I have so far. Last week we decided to have my iud removed. Ob said that we should be okay to try immediately. Started having copious amounts of bd, just on the off chance I'd end up one of the lucky few who manages to conceive, then have the iud removed before it can disrupt implantation. A long shot, but hey, why not give it a go. Iud removed on Thursday, bd that night. Bd the next night, a break the night after that. Monday I take an opk and get a clear positive, very slightly darker than the control line, so we bd again. Here's where it gets weird. The next day I took another opk and got just barely negative, which confirmed my suspicions that I had probably ovulated a day or two earlier. Then I started spotting very pink blood. Today I took another opk which gave a very clear negative, and I'm still very very lightly bleeding.

I don't know what to make of this cycle. I know my mother ovulates during her af, and I had previously thought with my daughter I had just had insanely early implantation bleeding that was a little heavy, but is it possible I just happen to ovulate within a couple days of my period and the poor little blastocyst has to cling on for dear life through my af?

I just don't know what to make of all this. This is my very first cycle ever ttc, so excuse me if I sound like a idiot. I just want my best chances for a baby, and figuring out my oddball cycle is the best start.

Thanks ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->