New baby books

bumpity

Reaction score
Hello mummies,

as someone who is about to give birth, I would love your recommendations on the books you have found best for babycare tips etc.

thanks x

Baby Week by Week is good and brand new but take it all with a pinch of salt though it can make you think you're not doing a good job because this week my baby hasnt slept through etc. Although I found it great in the first 2 weeks but I think there are better books. First Time Parents by Marriane Stopparh is ace and I still use it now...!

I haven't really read many babycare books but I can recommend Jools Oliver's book, Minus Nine to One for the odd hint and a humourous outlook on pregnancy, birth and babyhood. Read it before you have the baby and again afterwards and you will see it in a different light and be able to relate to loads of things. It's good for tips on feeding as well.

I hated Myleene Klass's book, a total waste of time IMO! x

What To Expect: The First Year

Same people who wrote What To Expect: When You're Expecting and they have What To Expect: The Toddler Years too. I have all of them

Same people who wrote What To Expect: When You're Expecting and they have What To Expect: The Toddler Years too. I have all of them

Oh me too, those are total baby Bibles, but I think they're more popular in North America. :shrug:

same here. i dont study it i like to trust my judgement but if i have a query or i'm worried about something or not sure on something i look in there, its always had the answer so far!

I haven't really read many babycare books but I can recommend Jools Oliver's book, Minus Nine to One for the odd hint and a humourous outlook on pregnancy, birth and babyhood. Read it before you have the baby and again afterwards and you will see it in a different light and be able to relate to loads of things. It's good for tips on feeding as well.

I hated Myleene Klass's book, a total waste of time IMO! x

I love Jools Oliver's book, she was really honest in it and it was very funny in places, would definitely recommend it as well.
I also had babycare week by week, it's got all the info in it about caring for a newborn, I wouldn't worry too much about the actual weeks tho, Joseph is behind with some stuff and ahead with others, all babies are different xx

I was given a dvd by the hospital that is fantastic and actually shows you how to bath a baby, how to change a nappy, it talks about settling techniques, how to wrap a baby and lots of parents interveiws on their own experiences. It covers from newborn care to school age, but i've only watched the first section. Its still fairly basic, but I think it was helpful.

Its an Australian dvd, called "raising children" there is a website raisingchildren.com.au

I just think its an easier format than trying to read a book with a new born, and also, my hubby would have NEVER read a book, but I had the DVD on in the living room while he was around and he ended up sitting down and watching it with me, so... its just a thought...

I really liked What to Expect the First Year too. If you go to a second hand store there are usually tons of baby first year books.

My sister sent me Happiest Baby on the Block and it's a life saver. It prepared us how to handle fussiness and prepped us for colic in case (lucky our LO doesn't have it but we were prepared for if she did)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->