new born smiles

fulltimemum

Reaction score
rite girls nicole always smiles i love it

but i am sick of people saying its only WIND why do they always try and make ya feel like shit

if i tickle her chin she does like a side ways smile lol and if i say nicole in a funny way she smiles

my baby is only 13 days i am sure she smiles lol even if it is wind I dont care its cute

sophie

awww bless her xx Am convinced my little Amelia smiles too - and god she looks so pretty - makes my heart melt! But, like you, people state it's wind.....?

nicole is 3 weeks now and people still say its wind .midwife said she is smiling

its so cute when she smiles millie says shes laughing at her :rofl:

The Public Health Nurse told us that smiling because of gas is an old wive's tale. I had stuck my tounge out at Claire, and she flashed me this huge gummy grin at about 2 weeks or so. The nurse said that yes, she smiled and it wasn't gas. The main difference between now and when they're older is that it's an involuntary reaction when they're that little.

However, it's not gas. :) Enjoy your little one's smiles!

I got that of a family member when Lexie was 5 weeks old. I was arguing saying "No it's nottttt, she's smiling" I was getting annoyed lol.

They probably are smiles hun :) If she's smiling when you're doing something then it probably is.

Enjoy the smiles, it only gets better. :thumbup:

Colton smiled within the first few days he was home. I put it down to gas though because it was just random for no reason :blush:
At 3-4 weeks he started giving real smiles for stuff we did. :D

Grace smiled when she was born:

https://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll156/Bexy_222008/DSC00207-1.jpg

The difference between that and proper smiling is that when they are younger it is involuntary as the muscles aren't properly developed but still a smile :)

Grace smiled when she was born:

https://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll156/Bexy_222008/DSC00207-1.jpg

The difference between that and proper smiling is that when they are younger it is involuntary as the muscles aren't properly developed but still a smile :)

aww bless she is sooooooooo cute hun thats how nicole smiles and people telling me its wind yeah rite xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ellie smiled when she was 14 days when i gave her big kisses her face used to light up. My mom said she has smiley eyes. My midwife also told me that smiling cus of wind is an old wives tale.

People (namely my step mom) kept insisting it was just wind, but I thought it was an interesting coincidence that when Jasper was a few days old he would only get 'wind' when he was fed, had a clean nappy, and being cuddled, kissed or sung to by me or daddy!

He did the BIGGEST smile when he was 5 days old when he got kissed on both cheeks by mummy and daddy at the same time! You cant say that was 'just wind'! It was just the pure joy of knowing he was loved!

That said, he did have some definate goofy windy smiles... they were awfully cute, he'd get a funny glazed look in his eyes and do a funny sideways grins... and that was usually followed by a long PPFFFFTTTTT from his bum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->