new, confused and in need of some girly support!

gretarose

Reaction score
Hi
I thought I would introduce myself as someone like so many others...on the journey of trying to conceive. I’m 37 and work very hard in a teaching job, sometimes too hard. It’s been a tough few years, as my husband lost his job and is retraining now so I am the breadwinner. We got married in Autumn 2010 and pretty much started trying the following Spring. So it’s coming up to a year and I’m beginning to panic.
I know I can conceive as I did 10 years ago but unfortunately lost the baby at 12 weeks (it was a planned pregnancy with my ex)
So I have worked hard to try and not carry that old sadness around with me into this new chapter, and hopefully new chance...but it has been tricky.
I have always been a religious 28 days cycle all my life.
I used a couple of ovulation kits and only got faint lines.
But this month has really baffled me, as we ttc on 29th feb, 1st & 2nd march....then almost 10 days after had some spotting and mild cramps. Then have appeared to have gotten my period 8 days early...but its a lot lighter and only there after I’ve peed.
I took a test but it was negative.
Has anyone else experienced this???
Confused and in need of some support...x

Hey, I am a teacher too so I know how you feel on that score! I am 35 and sadly I lost my :angel: in February at 5 weeks. I am holding back until the end of April to TTC as I have a lot of work, moving house and stressful things to do. My BF also lost his job and I am the breadwinner too, but it is hard. Keeping a house, saving for a deposit on a new house and the stress of work sometimes makes me think if it really is the right time for a baby, then I remember that I am 35 not 25 and I had better get a move on!

As for the whole early AF thing, I really don't know. I am a regular 29 day lady and the only time I had a weird bleed was when I have having the MC. I wish I could help more on this front, I thought I would reply as out lives seems quite similar at the moment!

Stress can seriously interfere with baby making, and we both know how stressful teaching can be! I am off work today with a massive stress headache. We have EV coming in soon from BTEC so we are going slightly mad!!!

Hi nice to meet you. Thanks for the speedy response and I'm so sorry to hear you lost your little angel in Feb, I hope you are doing ok. It is painful and you must take good care of yourself, especially in our line of work. There is so much responsibility involved in teaching, so take the time you need. What do you teach? I teach BTEC too, Art & Textiles. x

I teach Games Design on the Creative Media Pathway! It is a crazy job and that is for sure. I hope someone can help you with the bleeding issue. Keep me posted! x

Dont want to get your hopes up, but it could be implantation bleeding - have a good google :) Hope it is hun xx

yeah, I keep thinking it might be but the bleeding seems more than what I've read...although not at all like my normal period and way too early....its very puzzling! have no other symptoms so guess I'm just going to sit tight for now...thanks for the email chubbin x
anorak...I teach a bit of games design too! how strange! x

alas it seems to be a very heavy period...so I'm taking my first day of period as Friday then will try my ovulation kit again on day 9, couple of days earlier than last month. any other suggestions from you ladies?....feeling bit low but still hopeful for next time x

Hi gretarose,

I'm brand new here as well and can sympathize -- I'm 37 and my husband and I are TTC our first. We've been trying for 6 months and are just dealing with testing (HSG today!). I don't have great advice but was wondering if your doc has run any tests yet to see what might be happening? Hang in there! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->