New Driver... 4 Year Old... New Baby... Big Pram What Car? :)

MissCnBump

Mum of 2 Little Monsters!
Reaction score
Okay... so I recently passed my driving test end of feb and since have now had my 2nd son who is now 1 month old I also have a 4 year old boy... So due to having baby by c section not able to drive for 6 wks (passed just in time I say..) I am now looking at cars and was wondering what is the best car to go for as my pram is quite big I need a car with plenty of boot space?

Claire
xxx

we have a toyota avensis tourer (estate) and the boot is HUGE! we have a baby jogger city select (as a double) and you could easy fit another whole pram in there with it lol

Ford focus my be ok
I had a peugeot 306 which had a decent boot as well

skoda octavia has won a string of awards for being a good small family car, not that small tbh i have driven several and owned one for 4 years (just scrapped it before christmas) we have had everything in the boot of one of them, even a washing machine :thumbup:

part of volks audi group too so a well built car

https://www.rac.co.uk/news-advice/motoring-news/post/2012/4/skoda-octavia-named-best-family-car/

I have a mazda 6 2.0 TDI now which has an amazing boot and i got mine with front and rear parking sensors because it was alot longer than our other car but it drives great.

Our car before was a ford focus 1.6ltr which had a good boot size and was really nice to drive and is compact enough for new drivers to feel comfortable.

I would suggest looking at diesel as our mazda does an extra 150miles to the tank (filling at £60 every time) xx

I can get my travel system plus shopping on top in my peugeout 306 but it's still a hatchback so it's not a scary big car.. I had the same dilemma.. We whittled down to Renault meganes, 307's, astras, I'll edit if I remeber what else!

My friend had 2 year old, whe her twin were born so needed 3 car seats along the back.

She had citreon zara picasso. Diesel. Huge boot for a big double pram.

Ive driven it too, really nice to drive. She still has it now and they are 6, and 4y old. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->