mum to 1
Reaction score
So theory is passed and test is booked for july :happydance:

So im looking at :
Pug 206/306
Fiesta (not the new shape the 1 below)
Corsa
Punto

I want 4 door as im gonna need to put a child in back, also i want a fair sized boot. 1 - for shopping trils and 2 im a store manager and will from time to time transfer stock from dif stores (45 miles away).

So it needs to be pretty economical.

It'll be a used model, with around a £1000 price tag (hopping around 800)

Any suggest something to go for or avoid

We've got a corsa and I love it. Cheap to run and they are bigger than they look. I personally would avoid pegeuot, I know people that have had bad experiences with them.

I've got a corsa and I love it! I spend around £25 a week on petrol, and I drive around a fair bit. I've got a 3 door, and it is so easy to get Connor in and out. I really recommend them xx

I'd vote fiesta, I had one as my first car and hubby and I have owned 2 Fords since, we find them to be really reliable cars.

I was really in to the pug but literally 99% of the reviews are awful. Alot say tge diriving postion is bad.

So corsa or fiesta

But the boyf has tgrown focus into the mix. Im not sure if a focus would be to quick. Which is stupid as im driving 1.4 at the min

Im more scared of giving someone £800 and the car being crap :dohh: im hoping thats a normal fear. Like you dont get a reciept, you cant take it back 👎

We have a focus (it's our second) I love it, and a much more family friendly car, if it's the older style that is still a good size for a first car although I imagine insurance might be a bit more?

I wouldn't worry about speed, I learned in a sports version of the Astra where my instructor would let me hit the sports button lol, you can control how fast the car goes and I wouldnt say they're overly fast unless you go for a big engine which wouldn't be worthwhile for insurance purposes anyway, and either way you will adapt to the car.

But yeah totally know what you mean about it being a stressful purchase, we've been had a few times with other cars, tbh I think that's why we've stayed with ford because we've had good experiences with them, we trust them. Hubby went through a Rover phase as a teenager where the head gaskets were an issue, so you think he wouldn't buy another wouldn't you? He ended up with 3 broken Rovers before realising he needed to try a different car!

I had a ka then a fiesta, love the fiesta! I like fords, vauxhall and Volkswagen

I had a Fiat Punto and I loved that car. Had it 5 yrs and was gutted to see it go.

Im so torn :haha:

I want a practical, cheap but pretty car :rofl: not much really lmao

Im gonna look at focus insurance to see if its a contender

My very first car was a KA, loved it and so perfect for a first car but I got rid when I got pregnant with my second baby because I just needed more room and I decided to car share with FOB. I now have a Mini, not really practical with small babies I guess because of the boot size, but I manage ok with a 4 year old and a 2 and a half year old.

I have a corsa :) I've only just passed 2 .. I put 30 in a week and drive allover the place!! Mines a 3 door tho as I have a stupid fear of back doors!but the boot on my car is big enough for us but lo isn't in a pushchair.. but I shop a fair bit for 1000 my car had done over 100,000 miles but my dad knows his stuff about cars and it drives a lot better than the pugs he test drove with a lot less miles xxx

I had a thread about this not too long ago. We were going to go with a focus. In the end though we got seat Leon
130 tax and cheap on the insurance, similar to the focus. Good amount of room and from comparison (a friend has just brought a focus) the boot is bigger. This friend, since seeing our car (and hasndrove it) wishes we could get a Leon. Worth looking ibto

I think im just gonna need to be less picky lol.

A mate knows about car so will view it with me. Am just gonna get the best avaliable at the time and ignore looks.

Ive been recommmended a dawoo karlos

Bought my first car 6 months ago, a Honda jazz, I was put off a little as there seen as a old persons car, but the insurance was so cheap considering I was a new driver. Fuel is good,tax 120ish for year. Also really spacious with a big boot. Good luck with your car hunt :):)

My first car was a fiesta. I loved it. But my galaxy doesnt use muxh fuel at all!

I have a corsa, 5 door tho as I have 2 kids and I love it! It has been a great first car. Had it just over a year and have had no problems so far :) *touch wood*

Heard a lot of bad things about Peugeot tho, and my dad won't let me get a French car apparently there all crap. His words lol.

My first car was a 206, hated it felt like I was in a tin can lol! I have a Citroen c4 now and feel so much better driving it and safer as driving position is higher plus NCAP rating is good.

This game is so hard, now looking at a skoda fabia. View some soon 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"