New Here... a little back story and my current concerns

PinkPokaDots

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm hopping over from the 1rst trimester.
This is #2 for me, my son is 13 months old. I had severe pre-e with him and ended up being induced to deliver/emergency C-section at 34 weeks after a 2 week hospital stay trying to keep him in until is was no longer safe for me or him.
I'm not having the easiest pregnancy this time either. Only 13 weeks and my 24 hour urine had protein 260 (over 300 is considered preeclampsia levels), and my spot urine sample had 20 protein in it (all my spot samples with my son were clear- no protein, even when I had pre-e). So far my BP has been ok, but I am on BP meds this pregnancy, I wasn't last time. And I have daily migraines, which I know can also be a big sign of pre-e (was for me last time, but later on at like 30-32 weeks). I really want a normal healthy, term pregnancy with a VBAC but I don't think that's goina happen. I'm just hoping to make it as far as possible. :cry: :shrug:
I see my doc again on October 6th for my 16 week apt, and I'm sure we will discuss my labs/ and where we go from here to hopefully keep pre-e away for awhile. I did start the daily aspirin today, and I've heard that is proven to help prevent pre-e.
I have my gender ultrasound on October 3rd.... hoping for a girl... :cloud9:

Sounds like you're having a stressful time but glad you're being well looked after by your team.
I've not got any experience of pre e. I do have GD though and it started much earlier this time than in my last pregnancy. I think being pregnant is hard enough without added complications. Hope your second tri (and rest of your pregnancy) goes as smoothly as it can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->