new here...and antidepressant questions

dakini

Reaction score
Ok, thought I'd join in on the fun.

My husband and I are about to hit our first wedding anniversary on Nov 4, and Nov 2 is our 13th anniversary of being together. We are in our second month of trying to conceive and I have been going nuts some times. Even in the months before.

Some history - I suffer from depression and decided to get off Paxil before we even starting trying, or I went off the Pill. Then, I started taking St. John's Wort because I was still getting depression symptoms. So there were a few months where I just about went crazy thinking I may be pregnant! Even went to my doctor when I was nauseous for a month and then had a very light period. In my mind, it almost feels like we've been trying for about 4 months!

Is anyone else taking St. John's Wort? Know what some of the side effects are other than making BCP not effective or making it harder to conceive? I seem to get nauseous if I am taking it for a straight month...or anyone had kids while on an antidepressant? I am scared after reading what can happen.

Anyway, I will keep my fingers crossed this month (I should be getting close to ovulating this time around and am hoping something sticks...)

:hi:

Hi Dakini. :hi: Welcome to B&B!

I'm sorry, I can't help you on the anti-depressant question, but I wish you the best of luck ttc!

You should add yourself to the 'to achieve a BFP in November' list!

Good luck getting that BFP.:crib:

Hi
Not sure about anti-depressants, but have known someone take them throughout pregnancy. So would say its worth talking to the doc about.

Good Luck for that BFP

Sinead

Hi

I was on Amitriptyline for years and went to see dr who advised me to come off it before trying. I would advise you go to dr and speak. I did a stupid thing and just stopped them right away and I was feeling terrible for first few months, periods funny, feeling nauseous etc.

Not sure either about St John'sWort I know you have to be very careful with that though - best see GP asap for proper advice

Good luck

Dx

There hasn't been enough research done on St Johns so whilst no dangers are assciated with taking it during pregnancy, it has not been cleared as safe so I would stop taking it. Even though it is natural - it is a drug. I fell pregnant whilst on prozac, and was told that in an ideal world I should stop taking it but if it was needed then it was ok to contiunue taking it during pregnancy. I would go and see your Dr and discuss your situation, he should prescribe a "safe" antidepressant for you. Good luck with the TTC

Thanks. My doctor knows that I have been taking St. John's Wort and hasn't said not to take it. But because I seem to be getting nauseous after taking it for a month, and it's not because I am pregnant :dohh:, I am going to stop taking it and then see what my doctor says next time I see him for what I should try.

We'll have to wait and see what he says.

But thanks everyone for your thoughts. :headspin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->