New, lost and really confused

just

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new and I really hope it is okay to ask this. I'm not sure if it has been asked before. I also feel really dumb because I'm old enough that I should know this.

May be long and a bit direct in detail so I apologize in advance.

I'm 29. My bf and I have been having unprotected sex for a little over a year. We aren't necessarily trying to conceive but will be happy either way.

My periods are fairly regular - 5 days menstruation, 27-28 days.

So far, we haven't had a pregnancy concern. I was late by a day a few months ago but that's it.

This recent time has been different.

April 25th, 2014 - I had light pink spotting when wiping

April 26th - period began

May 11th - intercourse, didn't pull out

May 22/23 - I thought my period would arrive. It didn't.

I had Some slight cramping, extreme need to urinate, achy feeling on the right side of my lower belly that felt nothing like normal cramps. No spotting. Clear discharge. I wanted to wait a little longer before testing.

May 26th - my period arrived. It started only coming out when I urinated. It eventually went to a heavier flow but discharge mixed as well.

Then the clots came. Some were normal. A few of them were long, light pink/red and one had a white spot in it (I think. I could've been over analyzing)

I thought nothing more of pregnancy. I thought it automatically meant it wasn't when clots happen. These clots were nothing like I've ever seen though.

My period ended yesterday (May 30th) but I still feel very off. I'm exhausted (sleep all day tired), emotional (more so than usual) and the achy feeling in my lower right side is still there.

Is there any possibility at all that a pregnancy could have occurred, even after what I believed to be a period (though three days late, which has never been that late before)?

Also, not sure if this matters at all but for various reasons, I am always on top during intercourse. Does that matter at all in whether or not conception occurs?

If you've read all that, thank you so very much. I have no idea who to ask or how to ask it.

Hi there.
It sounds to me that you probably had a chemical pregnancy. This is when your egg gets fertilized and tries to implant but the pregnancy doesn't fully develop. Your period was late because you essentially were pregnant for those few extra days. The clots are the extra lining you built up for the pregnancy. You likely would have gotten a positive pregnancy test before your period but it will be back to negative now and there's no way to be 100% sure that this is what happened.

Chemical pregnancy is very, very common. The cells in the embryo probably weren't able to divide properly. It doesn't mean that it will happen to you again. There's really no way to prevent this or make this happen.

Btw, position doesn't matter much for conception.

Good luck for a healthy pregnancy soon :flow:

I agree--that sounds very much like a chemical pregnancy. I hope that you are able to have a healthy pregnancy soon if that is what you want.

And by the way, all of those were great (and very common!) questions. : )

Big hugs! I know the uncertainty is frustrating, but I hope you can get some peace of mind about it all.

Thank you both so much. I appreciate you taking the time to answer this more than you know. Even though I had that feeling, I was kind of hoping it wasn't a chemical pregnancy because my mind automatically overthinks everything and it makes me sad.

I just don't understand the physical symptoms I'm still having. I wasn't weeks late so I didn't think symptoms were possible. My period ended Friday but I still have pelvic discomfort on the right and ache on my lower right side/back.

Is that normal with chemical pregnancies? Does this usually have "after" symptoms?

I know there's really no way for you to know. You've both helped more than enough. I really appreciate it. Thank you so much :hugs:

I'm glad you are a little more at ease. Usually with a chemical you are just a few days late for your period and then have a heavier period than usual. I'm not sure about lingering symptoms. It makes sense to me that if you had a really heavy period with clots that you could have some aching and mild discomfort for a little while. If you have any sharp pain or if it doesn't go away in a few more days I would have it checked out. HOpe you are feeling better soon :flower:

I had a very early miscarriage in December, and I had a completely crazy cycle immediately following. I also had lots of cramps even though it was early--in fact, it was over a week before I made it with no pain meds. I also understand being sad if it was a loss. It stinks that you can't really know for sure. : (

I'd say if you feel odd about the symptoms, go ahead and ask your doc--it can't hurt, and maybe it will give you some answers and closure.

I hope you feel better soon!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->