New to BnB and TTC over 35

Quisty

Reaction score
I have given a quick update in the introduction section, but I thought I would add a thread here too.

I turned 38 in March and have been ttc #3 for a number of months now. I have a 2 year old DS who took about 10 months to conceive and a 4 year old DD who took well over a year to conceive. In both instances I reverted to bowen therapy and a bit of naturopathy. These natural therapies seemed to do the trick for me and I am hoping it will work again, although this time around I am doing acupuncture instead of bowen therapy.

I was hoping that this month would give me a BFP, however I started to get some spotting a couple of days ago and I can tell AF is definitely on her way. I seem to have one good cycle and one not so good cycle (one cycle seems to be exactly 28 days and the other is always shorter) and the acupunturist seems to think that one of my ovaries is not working as well as the other.

I tend to have some brown spotting a couple of days before AF and the acupuncturist puts this down to progesterone levels dropping too early. I don't know if anyone else has this problem but would be interested to know of your experiences if you do.

Anyway, I hope to make some nice friends here, to share my journey and also share in the journey of some of you.

:wave:
Hi and welcome...
I never get any sort of spotting, but I remember reading that a few women here do...I hope you find each other so you can compare notes...There are also a few women here doing acupuncture...GL w/ TTC #3...

Welcome to the board!

I am one of those women who get brown spotting a couple days before AF, and for several days after! Ugh!

I should have gotten AF on Friday, but she hasn't shown yet. I had surgery last Monday, so I'm not surprised that I'm a little off this month. I'd like to have some hope that I'm "late" but I know I'm not; I never pinpointed an O.:nope:

Welcome Quisty! This is a lovely group of ladies and you will be made to feel right at "home"! :hugs:

Hi Quisty :wave:

Welcome to the board. These ladies are some of the nicest I have ever met and you will feel embraced and supported for as long as you decide to stay.

All the best!
xxxx

PS I get brown spotting before and after AF too.

Hello again Quisty (I said hi in the intro section) :hi:

Glad you found the thread and the ladies are so lovely and supportive so I'm sure you will feel right at home :)

I get brown spotting the day before AF is due but on no other day of the cycle.

Sending you loads of baby :dust: and hoping your BFP comes along soon

Hi Quisty,welcome:hugs:,been on this forum since march and I am addicted,everyone here is so supportive and so lovely,we are all experiencing similar problems which really helps and makes u feel rite at home,hope u get your BFP soon,love and prayers :dust::dust::dust:

Hello ladies,

I am 36 and will be starting first IVF cycle in approximately 2 weeks. Anyone else in the same boat? Looking forward to talking with all of you.

Hi Quisty and davecr033 and welcome :thumbup:

We're a great bunch on here and I'm sure they we'll make you feel welcome.

:hugs:

Hi everyone new...can't remember all your names :blush::haha:

You've come to the right place for support on the rollercoaster journey of TTC :thumbup:

For the ladies with spotting...Vitamin B6 is supposed to be good and so is natural progesterone cream. I am so desperate at the moment I'd eat dog poo if it meant getting a BFP :rofl::rofl: (only my own dogs poo of course :haha:)

Hi Quisty and davecr033! I just joined this group last week and can attest to everything everyone on here has said! They are a fine bunch of ladies and will make you feel right at home!

Quisty, I too get the spotting before and after AF. It's been something new for me in the last 3 or 4 years. (I'm 38, NTNP 6mos, TTC for the last 6 mos, no kids of my own, DSS 22, DSD 17)

davecr033, there's a section of the forum for Assisted Conception where you're sure to find plenty of advice about IVF, but post here too!

Hi welcome , make yourself at home ... but hopefully not for too long before you get a lovely bfp xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx fx'd for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm new to B&B as well!!! In fact, I think this is my second post today!

Glad there are newbies like me! We can all go through this together.

I have a 2 1/2 yr old baby boy! Light of my life!!! I got preggers without even thinking about it with him (within 3 months of meeting my now husband) but have had 2 miscarriages since and have numerous issues since my pregnancy. I hear this is a great forum with lovely ladies! Hope we can all get answers and support and move on to BFP areas!!!

Welcome!!!!!!!

Melanie :flower:

I am fairly new to the group also and wanted to welcome you! I also spot anywhere from 3 to 6 days before AF. I've had it since before I conceived my son 6 years ago! That was the only month that I didn't spot! So, I am hopeful I will get a BFP again. I am 36 (almost 37) now and I'm on my 5th cycle of TTC for #2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->