new to BnB, new to opk's finding it hard!!

florence_

mum of one
Reaction score
hey everyone, I constantly read these forums heres my story:

im newly married july 2013, I came of the pill in june, I conceived in august and miscarried in September at roughly 5 weeks, natural miscarriage. if this had not have happened I would have just used my, what will be will be method, however since seeing that positive that I lost im obsessed!! I had my period beginning of October which was normal 3 days. and im now Cd 12 ive bought OPKs but I cant do them, I cant not drink and I cant hold my wee for the 3 hrs, this morning I has a faint test line which means negative but I BD'd anyway, ive done so much research on sperm meets egg, I have an ovulation tracker im trying to monitor cm, anyone got tips on how to use these opks better, technically I have a few days before I ovulate if I do ovulate on day 14, anyone think I can get pregnant if I do every other day from now, I don't really know what my question is, suppose I just want someone to talk to or who has been through something similar, then I read people have been trying to conceive for years, and im like this after 3 months!!! :(

I am new at TTC as well and this will be our second month of trying. I should o later this week. I become obsessed, I have bought opk kits for this month and did use last month. I was one day late and probably used up at least 8 pregnancy tests because I started testing on day 9 - crazy I know but seeing others get a positive early made me think I was too

I am an impatient person so all of this waiting is torture. Hoping everyone's wait, including mine, is shirt!

You should read up on the Dr. Shettles Method just for more information that will help you better pinpoint O. I read How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby by Dr. Shettles and while it does tell you how to sway the odds of one sex or another it is SO informative on how to track your cycles and KNOW when to expect your O.

I use the Clearblue Fertility Monitor along with OPK's. I buy the dollar tree OPK's Because $1 each is pretty awesome and doesn't kill my wallet! I have a 28-29 day cycle so I ovulate anywhere from day 12 to day 14.
Eggwhite Cervical Mucus is ECWM is a good indication of peak fertility. Also, you can take your temp from Cycle Day 1 everyday at the same time and it has to be after at least 3 hours of sleep. I find it easy to take mine before I get out of bed. I chart mine on fertilityfriend.com All of this info and more is available in the book but I'm sure you could research online and find a lot of info on it. Also, a lot of ladies on this forum know their stuff and are very helpful! Hope you get your BFP soon! :hugs:

Instead of using opks you can check your temps and cervical mucus, so you'll be able to find out when you ovulate. Good luck!

Hi Florence. Getting the hang of tracking your cycles does take some practice. The Shettles book is a good resource not only for choosing the sex of your baby (maybe) but also for cycling information.
I have used OPKs for a long time (I've ttc for almost 2 years). I don't hold my urine to do them and they still work fine for me. I would start with doing two a day at least 8 hours apart. You will start to notice a pattern of the test line darkening when you get close to ovulation and then being as dark as the control line the day BEFORE you ovulate. Right around the day you see a positive OPK you will likely see some discharge that is wet and stretchy. Having sex every other day in the middle of your cycle will also do the trick as long as you don't have any fertility problems and it doesn't sound like you do.
It's hard not to become obsessed! I know I am! I also just had a miscarriage and I'm anxious to get pregnant again.
If you know how to post pictures you can post a pic of your ovulation tests if you aren't sure how to interpret them.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"