New to OPKs x

loobyloo242

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, Hope your all ok!

Just after a bit of advice really! ive ordered some opks from amazon and im going to start trying them next monday.
I'm thinking of doing them every two/three days then they'll last longer.

Is this a good idea or is it better to just test each day at fmu?

Haven't had AF since june! Blood tests are fine, had an ultrasound on sunday so waiting on those results but surely il be ok testing?

Anyway, any info would be fab :)

Thank you xx

hi again loobyloo :hi: If you only test every 2-3 days you will most likely miss your surge. You should actually test at least 2 times a day as your surge can come and go very quickly. You also should not use FMU. There is always LH in your system and with FMU your urine is much more concentrated and may cause a false positive. My advice is SMU or sometime in the afternoon as LH is at its highest after holding your urine for 3 hours with nothing to drink! hope that helps :)

Hi Hun!!:flower:
Been a long time since i used OKP's (well just over a year ago)

But when i started useing them, i used an online ovulation predictor. :coffee: Calculates when you should ovulate between your bleeds and how long they last, i then used that as a GUIDELINE, so tested every day around the dates given, marked it down on the calendar when my OPK were positive, and did again the following month.
3months in, finding a pattern, by month 4 i was pregnant :) :happydance:

Never used the expensive OPK's either like Clear blue. we got the real cheapy ones on ebay, like thin paper strips... they work just as effectively!
Especially when your using so many to start with! think i got about x50 for £6!!

Good luck hun :kiss: xxxxxxx

if you want the tests to last longer but still get the best chance of your LH surge you really need to be testing every other day.
every day would be the best but then your run out of tests quicker

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->