New to third tri! Painful movements in pelvis? Flu shot?

discohospital

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm a few days shy of 30 weeks, so pardon me if this is more of a second tri question, but just curious:

I had an u/s at 28 weeks and my baby was head-down and a bit to the left. Now I feel him pretty much right in the center so I'm thinking he might be "in position".

Now my pubic area and lower abs hurt when he moves. Not like a stabbing or crippling pain, but it feels like it's just too tight in there. I don't feel any pain above my belly button (maybe because there's more "meat" and it's stretchier) but my pubic area is all skin and bone...so is that the reason why? My OB just says it's just the baby getting bigger but wondering if anybody else recalls having this?

I was fairly small before pregnancy (5' 6" 118 pounds) but I've gained 27 pounds, so not so small anymore...:blush:

Also, my OB didn't tell me I should've gotten a flu shot so I asked about it and he said it was fine if I wanted to get one. Anybody else get one this late?

Thanks ladies :)

I personally would hold off on the flu shot while pregnant, but that's just me. And I started having pelvic pain at about 34weeks where it was just painful, now it has spread to my hips and thighs. All just normal stuff though oh the joys of pregnancy!!! It'll all be worth it when we get to hold them in our arms.

I had a flu shot earlier in the flu season. Just make sure you get the preservative free one if you decide to get it. I personally wouldn't bother with it now though since flu season is almost over.

Is it possible it could be SPD? Around 30 weeks is the prime time for it to start to flare up if it is. If it is (read up on the symptoms and see if that sounds like what you're feeling), seeing an osteopath and starting up gentle swimming 3 times a week sorted it for me.

As for the flu shot, it's nearly the end of flu season anyway. You should have been offered once in the fall as that's when you would have actually needed it. But flu season is ending now, so I wouldn't bother. I got one when I was pregnant (was due in February, got it in October) and I'll do the same next time if I'm pregnant during the winter. But I probably wouldn't waste the time to get one now as it's unlikely to make much difference.

It sounds like baby is getting to where it needs to be. I get pressure when the heads down there but my lil one keeps moving away from the pelvis again, or so it feels, I was almost fully engaged last week but it doesn't feel like that anymore!

You could have spd and the babies head could be down, that would hurt.
The limbs can be really tender (they can bruise you internally).
Check with your midwife

I had the same thing at about 30 weeks and it's been off and on since then. My doctor said that the baby is just low and pushing down on the pubic bone. It can be pretty painful sometimes, I know!

I always get a flu shot. It's not as effective this year as past years but I'll take any protection for my baby and I that I can get. I had the flu in 2009 (not preggo) and I don't think people realize or remember just how incredible awful it is. My doctor reminded me at every appointment until I did it (at about 18 weeks).

ACOG has an article about the need for pregnant women to get the flu shot: https://www.acog.org/Resources-And-...actice/Influenza-Vaccination-During-Pregnancy

CDC says "Pregnant woman with flu also have a greater chance for serious problems for their unborn baby, including premature labor and delivery." https://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/pregnant.htm

If you decide to get it, it's definitely not too late--flu season is definitely not over if you're in the U.S (it looks like you are).

I had the same thing at about 30 weeks and it's been off and on since then. My doctor said that the baby is just low and pushing down on the pubic bone. It can be pretty painful sometimes, I know!...
If you decide to get it, it's definitely not too late--flu season is definitely not over if you're in the U.S (it looks like you are).

Thank you so much for the links!!!
I went ahead and got the shot. I asked my OB about it last week and he said it was safe if I wanted one :shrug: I've had bad luck with OBs and this is the best one I've had by far so I stuck with him, but he doesn't really tell me anything unless there is a problem...

I also suspect it's just the baby pushing down, but I'm going to ask about SPD as the ladies above mentioned. I'd not heard of it, not even in my pregnancy book, so worth checking out.

Thank you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->