New to this section...

Panda_Ally

Reaction score
After being told by the HV eariler this week to start weaning Holly i thought it was too soon but as she has gone the last few days feeding every 1hour-ish i decided maybe its time!!

So.. went out today and brought, Highchair, steamer, blender, bowls, spoons, pots, storage bags!!

I'm so excited can't wait to start :happydance: Made some carrot, cauliflower, bean and pea puree earlier to give her for lunch tomo, going to market in the morning to buy lots of fruit and veg and gunna make up loads of puree!!!

Only one question... do u add water to the veg when u blend it to make it a puree???

I dont but if you want it runnier maybe add some milk instead of water. Would make it creamy rather than all watery.

I usually use a drop of the water the veg has cooked in if it needs watering down a little!!

Hope Holly enjoys weaning hun!!

I usually add a tbs spoon or 2 depending on how much veg I am cooking.

I was exactly the same, so excited. I did try her on baby rice but she was not impressed so was not sure how well she would take to other food. No problem at all. Do make sure you introduce food slowly. They do say ideally a baby should be 6 months old, but if your HV says to wean, then it's fine, but introduce a new food every 3 days, as babies digestive system is adjusting. I started with the usual apple and pear puree. Then went onto carrot, as carrot mixed with apple is fab. So you have 2 meals already. Potato is another good one to introduce, sweet is good but we can't get it here :( then you could add broccolli. You can add some of your baby's milk to make it creamier. I also gave Gabbi baby cereal, which she still has once a day now.

Oh you're gonna have so much fun!

i introduced one veg or fruit at a time first, and have just started mixing a few together now xx remember they don't know tastes like we do so 1 new taste at a time is enough for their little tums i reckon!! enjoy, its lots of fun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->