New to tracking obvulation, and need help please!!

Dea

Reaction score
Took my first obvulation test today and had a faint line, I don't understand how to track, what's positive or negative or even much about obvulation itself, only that it's your most fertile time, I'm sorry if you think I'm stupid and asking silly questions, I have posted a couple of times but no replys :( . I don't understand all the short hand terms either so please translate, thankyou xx

Took my first obvulation test today and had a faint line, I don't understand how to track, what's positive or negative or even much about obvulation itself, only that it's your most fertile time, I'm sorry if you think I'm stupid and asking silly questions, I have posted a couple of times but no replys :( . I don't understand all the short hand terms either so please translate, thankyou xx

OPK's (ovulation prediction tests) detect LH (Lutenizing Hormone) secreted from your ovaries prior to or on the day of ovulation. When you take an opk, you will see a line all the time because LH is always in your system in small amounts up until your most fertile time. So in other words you are always going to see a line.

Where it counts is when you start ovulating, most of us ovulate areund the middle of our cycle. (cycles can vary 24-35 days is normal) It just all depends on whats normal for you.

The first order of business is to decide when to start testing. The back of the box will tell you the cycle day to start testing so that you don't waste tests and have to spend so much. if you cycles are irregular then you should pick the shortest cycle and use that day to test. The best times to test are between 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., (2pm 4pm 6pm and 8pm can be the best times). Of course test at least twice a day spacing it out 4 hours apart. So if you test at 4 test again at 8 or later.

If you drink too much your lines will stay light and you will miss your surge. So stop drink 2 hours before you test. If one line is really faint its negative. If both lines match exactly in color then its positive. If the Test line is darker than the control line line its positive. If no lines appear on the test then its invalid and should be taken again with the same urine.

Post a pic if you would like me to take a look at it. Hope this helps...gl and baby dust!!

Okay thankyou,I took another opk test today and was negative, I haven't had a period for 6 weeks and have 5 Bfn aswell, I have quite a busy Evesham so I think keeping track will be really hard, I will try :) I'm just so inpatient all the time I think, and can't understand why I haven't seen the which, I am never late, baby dust for you swell xx

They can be confusing for sure;) im back to tracking my cycles..and using the ovulation tests..also found an app on my phone most helpful lol..sounds silly I know butits so great for
Documenting my period start and end BMI ..Most fertile days leading to ovulation days..so that with my test strips will just help me increase those baby chances! The app is called my days..for the iPhone and android users;) lol

Hmmm, no period for 6 weeks ? :? Are you coming of of BC pills recently, because that can affect your cycles a lot. have you been to the Dr. yet and told him about AF being MIA? If you aren't having a period then you aren't OV'ing and no OV means no conception. You are going to have to get that checked. It could be anything BC pills, ectopic pregnancy. Or maybe you are just in a little need of OV help is all...I don't want to worry you or scare you :nope:. But if you are getting BFN's then its time to see your Doctor so he can make sure all is well with you...Keep me posted.:hugs:

It came today , I did go doctors 9 days in and was a bfn, but it came this smorning after nearly 3 weeks, but it don't seem like my normal period, I normally have a really bad period with some clots, but this is just really fine and a small amount, do I class it as the which or get it cheaper? Thankyou for your help ladies it's really appreciated X

I had implant for 2 and a half years and had it taken out 6.5 months ago and Iv had regular periods for last 6 months just not this month x

Ok...(whew) had me a little concerned about the missing AF. Well AF's can be different from month to month...sometimes they start off light and then other times they start heavy. It should progress in a couple of days.

I can't say much on the Implant, as I have never had one myself. I used Mirena for 4 years and 8 months. But never was without a cycle in those years. Came like clockwork. I can't say why AF was late either, that is extremely late....

Well at least you can get started in a few days this cycle..Possibly have your bfp by the beginning of March...:happydance:

Ok...(whew) had me a little concerned about the missing AF. Well AF's can be different from month to month...sometimes they start off light and then other times they start heavy. It should progress in a couple of days.

I can't say much on the Implant, as I have never had one myself. I used Mirena for 4 years and 8 months. But never was without a cycle in those years. Came like clockwork. I can't say why AF was late either, that is extremely late....

Well at least you can get started in a few days this cycle..Possibly have your bfp by the beginning of March...:happydance: you should think about charting you bbt, it will help you to predict ovulation better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->