New website adds

Kiwiberry

Mommy to 3 beautiful girls & 2 adorable boys!
Reaction score
Are the floating ads that play videos when scrolling through threads really necessary is there a way we can tone those down? I use my phone a lot to browse this website and the ads are unbearable.

Also my signature doesn't show up when I make posts

Iv just been looking through settings but can’t see any reason why our signature isn’t showing.

I haven't seen any video adds on my phone, just stills. I'm not thrilled with the way they break up threads though. But I suppose with website traffic *way* down from the good old days they need to increase add revenue somehow to keep bnb running.

I took an mostly upset about the lack of signatures. I have no idea how many weeks pregnant anyone is without it, including myself :haha:

The first day of the new layout I was able to switch between 4 different layouts (none of them particularly good though) and now that has disappeared as well. After the previous update to this one I had switched to an older layout but I can't do that this time and will have to adjust to the change I guess :cry:

I've not really noticed any video ads but the signature thing is the most annoying to me - same as @NDH I've no idea where myself or anyone else is in their pregnsncy or how many kids people have etc. I don't mind the sparse layout though, but could do with some of the old purple. I'm amazed the board is still running enough to be updated tbh!!!

Here I took a screenshot of one of the ads floating over this thread while I was scrolling to read the replies. I have to scroll through it to get it to stop.

Screenshot_20231125-211011_Chrome.jpg

Look at this here is even two at a time I barely scrolled a little bit into the thread and I get them back to back.

Screenshot_20231125-211310_Chrome.jpg

Yeah i don’t like this new layout [-( or the way the ads are set up .

Forum Admin here,

I'll track down the ad to see if we can remove it as it's too intrusive.

As for the update layout, unfortunately we were running on a very old version of Xenforo,and was not viable anymore, the addons started to deprecate and support in the backend was not optimal. We had to move up to a newer version of Xenforo which means a huge jump in functionality, templates and features than what we are all used to. The older templates also were not compatible with the new version.

This is still a work in progress and a learning curve. Any suggestion/issues are more than welcomed and we can work to address them. We are a very small tech team but feel free to loop me on any issues/concerns.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->