• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Newbie Advice

pixie77

Reaction score
Went to the hospital today and we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. So they have given us two options, take Clomid for three months and see what happens,but also apply for funding for IUI. I believe our borough can take up to a year though, nightmare.
My periods are between 24 - 32 days, so irregular, though I can definatly feel when I ovulate and get intense pain, so am worried about taking Clomid as it seems pointless and I'm guessing very painful.
If anyone can tell me Clomid experiences or IUI experience please do. I am worried about side effects and really don't want to go down a drug route unless its nessessary. Please share your thoughts.
I was thinking about looking at private options on Natural fertility treatment, has anyone used this? If we go private is it better just to just to IVF, as I have heard the others have very low chances of working.
I am so nervous and worried about the whole thing. :cry:

Pixie, Sorry for the news and hugs. I know it's not easy hearing this.

I will say do keep your head up and believe it could happen. I ovulated but FS suggested we take Clomid & IUI because of DH SA (did you have one done?) and I'm happy to say that on the first try we got a BFP!!!!! Clomid wasn't too bad. Did have a couple of days with bad mood swings but nothing other than that. We had to pay all this on our own but we are perfectly ok with that. So keep you head up and don't be afraid to talk to the doc or nurse with all your concerns they are really good and answering or giving you as much info as they can.

Best of luck and God Bless

Pixie77 - I had to use clomid with everyone of my pregnancies until this last one I had to use all of the top doses of injectable meds and iui because I for some odd reason was almost out of eggs. I did have some cramping, hot flashes etc. with clomid but if a baby is what you want then I would go for it. If you don't like it try something else but do give it a few months.

As for if you should just do ivf, my opinion is not right away. They told me this last time I wouldn't get pregnant without ivf and then when I was scheduled for it they cancelled because I didn't have enough eggs, only 2. So we did iui instead and they told me I had almost no chance at all but might as well try. I got pregnant with both. They were shocked! I did miscarry one at 12 weeks but I am now 28 weeks. I say, you never know until you try!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->